Print

Author Topic: F-Zero X or F-Zero GX?  (Read 7695 times)

« on: May 08, 2009, 11:54:12 PM »
I would like to get an f-zero game, but I don't know if I should get f-zero x or f-zero gx. I found f-zero x on eBay for $7 and f-zero gx for $10, but I don't which one would be better to get.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
GX. Intensely better control. Vastly better graphics. Eleven more racers. Four customizable machines per memory card. It's faster. It's cleaner. It's better.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:56:50 AM »
GX has I think the smallest font I've ever seen on a pre-HD game.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 01:09:32 AM »
Buy GX.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:31:50 AM »
GX.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »
Both are really good, but I'd say get GX.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
Just bought GX. Thanks for the advice!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
Does anybody else read F-Zero X 's name as F-Xerox?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »
No. No one else in the world.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 07:21:38 PM »
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who ever thought of that..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 08:06:06 PM »
GX, definitely. After playing through GX, going back to the old one felt slow. I know X was 60fps, but it feels like 20fps next to GX (same with Smash Bros. vs. Melee).

I agree with Lizard on the font thing though. Also, I try to read the readout on the performance circle for various machines (the thing that tells you body, acceleration, top speed, and cornering), but it's so small that I can't tell when something's a 3 or a 2.5. In case you're wondering why I care, I was always fascinated by how the different parts change the overall performance, but there's no known formula for calculating what it will be (each custom part might have a different effect I'm thinking, so it's not just weight).

I've always pronounced it F-Zero "X" because I knew there weren't ten titles in the series. But I've seen F-Zero 10 on a couple websites. Conversely, I'm in a habit of saying Mac OS "X" instead of Mac OS 10. Since I usually need to qualify it with what version it is, I say Mac OS X Panther instead of Mac OS 10.3.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:09:59 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Steven9wii

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
is F-zero with captain Falcon?
bebé jamaica friend many decide (dont ban this user) i want 8 hrs.us login time

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
Okay, well I do always see Super Mario 64 DS as "Super Mario Sixty Fords".
Anyway, at least F-xerox isn't quite as bad as the people who come looking for Final Fantasy Ex-Eleven.
That was a joke.

Steven9wii

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 11:02:56 PM »
friendfriendfriend

realnane

St*ven smette**

friend
bebé jamaica friend many decide (dont ban this user) i want 8 hrs.us login time

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 11:08:31 PM »
You're not my little brother, are you?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print