Print

Author Topic: Wishlist 2010  (Read 5258 times)

« on: December 11, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »
Merry Christmas, TMK! Now, sit on old Santa Weegee's lap and tell me what you want this year.

Personally, I don't know or care what I'll be getting besides the 25th Anniversary SMAS bundle and a laptop.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
Same here, minus the laptop.  And I practically bought myself the former, as I filled out a preorder myself about a month ago.  Hoping for a Wii that I don't have to keep at home with my siblings, but chances are looking slim at this point.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:47:06 AM »
I'm getting a Snuggie, some slippers, and the rest of my tuition for the semester paid. Don't know what else...

...and don't care, because I already received the best Christmas present a few weeks early.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »
I know I'll be getting a new laptop, so I won't be able to do this anymore.

Besides that, I just asked for a bunch of GameStop certificates.  All the games I really want are coming out next year or later.  And I'm going to be hard-pressed to pay for those when they are released.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
I went with a pretty small list this year: A couple of books I'd kind of already read but just wanted around the house, Rock Band 3, the new My Chemical Romance album, and as many iTunes/Barnes & Noble gift cards as could be mustered.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »
I won't be getting anything, my family and I have agreed upon that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
I would normally have gotten Super Mario Galaxy 2, but since I want to play some games with my friends I'm getting Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »
I won't be getting anything, my family and I have agreed upon that.

:(

the new My Chemical Romance album

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 12:36:14 AM »
sit on old Santa Weegee's lap

I'm not falling for that again.

The only thing I really want is Donkey Kong Country Returns. I was going to buy gifts early, but the last few weeks kinda made me postpone those plans. Once classes are over, I'm gonna go ahead and find them even if the prices aren't discounted again.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
Video game wise, I've asked for Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario All Stars, and Mario vs. DK: Miniland Mayhem. I've also asked for my own digital camera and flute.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:15 AM »
I'm not falling for that again.

It was just a candy cane, I swear!

Any suggestions for a good laptop? I don't know [dukar] about computers, and I'll roll with anything that isn't a Mac.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:59 AM »
I got a Dell XPS something or other.

You probably want good RAM, like, at least 2GB; and a good processor, like, at least a Dual Core.  Longer battery life is always a plus, as long as you don't have to pay through the nose for it.  Depends what you use and are going to use your computer for.  If it's just for note-taking in classes or something like that, you don't need much power, but if it's going to take over for your main machine, go with something more hefty.  If WarpRattler were here, he'd say "don't get a Dell," but I say go with what you like.

On-topic: I put Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded, Metroid: Zero Mission, and Metroid: Fusion on my wishlist here at home.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:13:06 PM »
I will say my Toshiba's already performing far better than my Dell did, but then again, it had a fourth of the RAM and hard-drive space.  Dual-core's indeed a must, but I don't know that anything higher than an i3 is necessary, unless you plan to be constantly running multiple processes.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
Chances are I'll also be getting Metroid: Other M and/or Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
I use Quad Core at a minimum to maximize my use of BOINC. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print