Print

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Sapphira  (Read 5282 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« on: September 20, 2004, 07:24:38 AM »
 Well, it's finally here, though I missed your exact time of birth by a few hours, I think this is close enough. :P

While it's true we haven't seen much of you around the forums as of late, the members of the forum haven't forgotten you, I'm sure.

So, have a happy birthday, Sapph.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:51:36 AM »
Woah, Black Mage just wished someone a happy birthday.  Either it's a miracle, or I'm thinking about someone else.

Well, Happy Birthday, Sapphira, you are a year older today.  Kinda weird, huh?  How are you a whole year older on one day?  Technicnally, you were 17 years and 364 days old yesterday, you're really only one day older.  Well, I guess that means... Happy Birthday, Sapphira, you are one day older today.

(EDIT: Haha, Red, it was a typo, I fixed it, and now my post has unecessary information that only shows that I meant what I edited.  And in the threat of making this parenthetical comment too important, I will end it now.)

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.

Edited by - Markio on 9/20/2004 5:04:35 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 10:00:52 AM »
Have a Super Happhy Birthday, Sapphy.

Egg Power

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 04:25:19 PM »
Let's review, Markio:
365 days = 1 year
355 days = 11 months and 21 days
4 pecks = 1 bushel
1,000,000 phones = 1 megaphone

To Sapph: HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY

"I''m a stupid fatty who swings his arms from side to side and pushes a button to receive bacon. The universe is permeated with the odor of Shawne Vinson. Does that make me a nut?"- DotheLizardkoopaChupVinsonluigi

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 9/20/2004 4:57:23 PM
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 05:45:01 PM »
Yay, 18 years old!

Where I live, that's the year most people get their regular Driver's License.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 05:59:37 PM »
Happy birthday to Sapph. ^_^

(Would 1,024 megaphones be a gigaphone?)

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 09:46:56 PM »
(Nah, just 1,000.)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 10:55:59 PM »
"Giga" comes from the Latin gigas meaning "giant". It's generally accepted value is 1 000 000 000 which is called a "Standard billion" in preference to the "English Billion which is only one hunderd million. So, a gigaphone would be a billion phones.

"Mega" means 1 000 000 which comes from the Greek mega meaning "great", as in Alexandros Megos (Alexander the Great).

So, 1 000 megaphones (1 000 x 1 000 000) would equal 1 000 000 000 phone or 1 gigaphone.

Note, I used spaces to separate the zeros because many countries outside the US use commas where we use decimals.  That is, in most European countries 1,000 means one point zero zero zero while in the US it means one thousand.

Also, the US is the only country in the world that still uses the "English" system (feet, ounces, etc.) exclusively.  Even the English are changing to the metric system which is far easier.

<End of Lesson>

Oh, and Happy B-day Sapph!

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 11:13:10 PM »
Hmm.
Red stole my hunny pot inscription.

Well, happy birthday, Sapph, even though you're not reading this yet.
That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 10:07:32 AM »
(I guess no one got my byte joke...)

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 12:36:37 PM »
Nope, sorry Deezer.  Myabe if you explained it all to us then we would laugh.  Anyway, I think since Sapphira might not see this right away we should all send her a bunch of birthday emails!  She'd be so surprised.  By the way, Deezer, when is your birthday? (don't feel like looking for dates right now)

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 04:10:16 PM »
(I got it, but prefer to count my megaphones in base-10 and leave the base-2 to bytes.)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 07:21:01 PM »
Woo, happy birthday...

My life went great to down the friggin' crapper all in the same night.

Thanks.

Gray, the color of her eyes as if menacing clouds hang overhead
When anger strikes the goodness of her heart slate gray pierces you with a sudden chill making you give in to those beautiful eyes
But when she`s happy her eyes brighten as if the Sun shines through the opaqueness of the threatening clouds; you can`t help but smile

I want you... Only you
Formerly quite reasonable.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 07:58:15 PM »
Erm, ok?

Happy birthday! I'ma go whip up a birthday pic in MS Paint in about 5 seconds or so. Be right back.

Hey! I found an old birthday picture I used from a while back! One too many candles, though...

(I hope you aren't offended by the odd humor/irony this picture contains...

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 9/21/2004 7:03:23 PM

~I.S.~

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 08:05:29 PM »
wheres saphirra

Print