Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394941 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1410 on: October 10, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded came out in Japan on Thursday.
Sounds like a current release to me.

« Reply #1411 on: October 10, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
Not here. Have I ever once listed a Japanese release? No. Foreign releases are not the purview of this thread, especially not pirated ones.

I really don't care that much but I'm sensitive to this becoming a "post about any arbitrary game" thread. The fact it was a KH game was salt in the wound.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1412 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:31 AM »
You don't even do complete English release lists anymore, so that's sort of a moot point. And the only reason I'm playing a pirated copy is because the game is on a system where "demos" are not a thing, from a company who couldn't care less even if they were.

Even as much crap as I talk about the Kingdom Hearts series, I can see that somewhere in there there's an actual high-quality game, which is the only reason I keep playing them. 358/2 Days was close, but the story was the absolute worst; this one seems even closer, but I just know that illusion is going to come crashing down once I play it in English - or, rather, it would if the game didn't have the absolutely wonderful "skip cutscene" option available even for scenes you haven't viewed yet.

« Reply #1413 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »
Demos on DS are a thing. You just need a Wii to get them. I bought Picross 3D 100% because of the demo from the Nintendo Channel.

« Reply #1414 on: October 11, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »
This week:

Just Dance 2
Super Scribblenauts
Medal of Honor
Painkiller Pandemonium
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Lego Universe
Dragon's Lair Trilogy
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
EverQuest: House of Thule
Disney Sing It: Party Hits
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Canada Hunt

And for Deezer this week we have My Baby & Friends 3.

Weekly reading assignment: a review of Darksiders

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1415 on: October 11, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
And now we'll finally see whether Sonic the Hedgehog 4 can bring the franchise out of its "dark age."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1416 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
Huh, a new Lufia game?
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1417 on: October 11, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »
This week:

-Maybe Super Scribblenauts. I'm waiting to hear how much D-pad control improves the game.
-DJ Max Portable 3, which isn't on your list. The UMD version (limited to five thousand standard edition copies and less than a thousand limited-edition packages in the US; this is what I preordered) ships Thursday (PSN version hits next Tuesday). DJ Max is pretty much a Korean beatmania clone.
-Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are high on my "buy-once-I-get-a-Wii" list. I played Just Dance at a welcome day event at my college and had loads of fun.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1418 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
Weekly reading assignment: a review of Darksiders
That was one of the most painful articles I've ever read. And what's with the monochrome pictures on that site?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1419 on: October 11, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
It doesn't mention Darksiders until the tenth paragraph. Oh wow.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1420 on: October 11, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
Philistines!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1421 on: October 12, 2010, 07:28:02 AM »
For the record, I actually thought both Dantes Inferno and Darksiders were okay, in a 2012/The Expendables-stupid-over-the-top-"epic" way.

EDIT: I mean... was that supposed to be funny, or is that just how he writes?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:34:05 AM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1422 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:05 AM »
I ... I... can't ... what is this?... I can't even...
That was a joke.

« Reply #1423 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
Apparently, stream-of-consciousness reviews aren't TMK's cup of tea.

Beat 4HoL last night. It took about thirty hours, but beating those four Towers of 100 Trials/Battle Towers/Obligatory Post-Game Extra Dungeons should take just as long.

Oddly enough, grinding makes this game harder. Enemies that took one-sixth of your HP at level 50 will take one-third of it at level 99, regardless of your equipment.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1424 on: October 13, 2010, 07:20:01 AM »
Reminds me of Oblivion.  Of course, I'm sure it isn't the fault of a broken level-up system in this case.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print