Print

Author Topic: Linux Help  (Read 2537 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« on: December 18, 2006, 06:55:55 AM »
Hey all. I'm trying to install ubuntu Linux in a Virtual Machine and I need some help. (The vm is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004) Every time I try to install the OS, Windows gives me a message and tells me that "Virtual PC has experienced an error and needs to close." Yipes. Almost as bad as the infamous Blue Screen of Death! (gulp). Anyone know something that could help?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:55:38 PM »
Hmm...I personally know nothing about Linux besides its penguin mascot (I'm more of a DOS 1.1 guy myself), but one of my friends had the same problem (I think) with it. I'll see if I can get him to cough up any info.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:37:08 PM »
Most people don't install Linux on virtual machines.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »
I've never really had any luck with installing Ubuntu on Virtual PC 2004.  I keep getting a display error that renders it pretty much unusable.

That said, I've heard of success stories using a safe display mode, but whenever I enabled that it still wouldn't really work.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »
Even better, try not installing Linux, and staying with Windows XP. From what I've heard, Linux has even more compatability issues than Apple computers.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Hard to believe someone so passionate about Microsoft hasn't already bombed Nintendo HQ.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:06:35 AM »
Compatibility issues?
Linux can run most Windows software pretty easily, if that's what you're talking about.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »
Even better, try not installing Linux, and staying with Windows XP. From what I've heard, Linux has even more compatability issues than Apple computers.

I'm pretty sure this post was a joke. Unintentionally.

I personally run beryl. I've never tried to install Linux on a VM, but installing Linux in general can be a pain. I'm sorry that I don't have any particular advice for you.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »
I would suggest using a different virtual machine, like VMWare.

Print