Poll

Platinum or Navy?

Platinum
10 (66.7%)
Navy
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: Help Forest Guy pick out his new DS Lite!  (Read 5130 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »
So I recently got pulled into a pool at a party last week, which ended up with my DS and my phone getting fried. I figure this time around, instead of replacing my DS with another boring color, I'm gonna import. I had a white DS Lite at one point but sold it back for a black one. Needless to say, the U.S. selection of colors is pretty lame. So I've narrowed it down to two import colors:

Platinum

Navy

As you can see, the Navy is pretty hardcore. The Platinum on the other hand has the whole metallic awesomeness going on. I can't really make a decision, but maybe a little encouragement from all ya's will help me make up my mind.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:23:55 AM »
If you have a Wii, I'd say go with pure white, or that cool platinum one.
If not.... I say still go with that cool platinum one.
I like the navy one... But,... Eh.
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:13 AM »
Something about the Navy just doesn't look right; too blue, or not blue enough, or whatever; I think Platinum looks spot-on for a DS.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
Wait until they release a see through DS.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »
I've had:

White
Red
Pink
Black

I definitely like the black (I think it's called onyx) the best.  The lighter colors are too reflective while the darker black creates an optical illusion that makes the screens appear bigger to me.  Also, color framing a screen effects your perception of colors and detail on the screen. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
Yeah, Onyx FTW. After I traded in my old red DS I got a black Lite ASAP. But when they make a G&W-styled DS, I'm getting that.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »
Out of those two, I'd go with the platinum. Out of all the colors, I'd either go with green or fire-engine red. In my dream world, I'd also get one in Atomic Purple. But I really like my Crimson/Onyx one now. Real classy-like.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »
The red one I had was my dream color for a DS, but after getting it I found that the color was distracting from the games.  I also returned it to Best Buy because it had two dead pixels.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
I'm really happy with my Cobalt/Black DS Lite. The metallic blue on the top is gorgeous, yet it's still black on the inside, so I don't get disrtaced by it when playing.
No! I don't want that!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
In my dream world, I'd also get one in Atomic Purple.
That would be something if Nintendo were to bring back that color, huh? Or transparency in general.

As for my opinion, I haven't had any experience with DSs of other colors. I've had the same original DS since launch. So can't really help out much.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »
Yeah, the DS that just got killed was a Black one. I liked it a lot, but I just wanna go for something different this time.

And yeah. My favorite color is and has been green for my entire life. 80% of my wardrobe is green, my bedroom walls are green, I pick green anything when given the chance. And yet....... I can't bring myself to buy the Lime DS. It's just... too girly looking in my opinion.
= = = = = = =

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »
I say go for the Platinum and find some green faceplates.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
I had white but It broke and so I got the original DS (The non-cheaply made original model first sold.)
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
If you can afford it there's an option to have one custom painted for you.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-141-ds-lite.aspx

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »
Oh wow, that's actually pretty nifty... The price though gets a little up there though... That's REALLY tempting, those shades of green... But nch, that's just another $40 I could spend elsewhere. It's a shame my old DS broke, or I could've just used the send-in offer. Oh well. Thanks for showin me that though, Luigison. I'll keep it in mind in the future.
= = = = = = =

Print