Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165694 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #420 on: November 16, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #421 on: November 16, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
Everybody seems to agree the names are great. Is there any pun/joke behind the names that passes over my swedish head?

« Reply #422 on: November 16, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
Everybody seems to agree the names are great. Is there any pun/joke behind the names that passes over my swedish head?
Um... not unless there's a pun/joke that passes over my American head.  I think I'm going to start calling them that regardless, though.  I can't wait to play the game come this Saturday.  Slightly off-topic, but I have a tradition of buying the Nintendo/Prima Player's Guide with every main-series and RPG Mario game I buy, and opening it after completing the game, and I plan to do that again this time around.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #423 on: November 16, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
I used to do that, but it's really more (monetary) trouble than its worth for me now.

As for the Toad name thing, I think I'll stick to Yvon and Wollery (or whatever IGN came up with).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #424 on: November 16, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
I have a tradition of buying the Nintendo/Prima Player's Guide with every main-series and RPG Mario game I buy, and opening it after completing the game

At the risk of inciting the wrath of this forum's hardcore gaming purists, I shall profess to doing the same. Really, reading the guide-writers' insights regarding the game in question can be fascinating.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #425 on: November 16, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
Mr. Martinet, Mr. Martinet, what time is it?

Charles:.... MARIO TIME!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:37 AM »
Regarding the Toad's names: I've just been calling them Blue and Yellow, but I kinda like the nicknames NOA came up with. Ala-Gold..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2009, 01:14:55 AM »
As for the Toad name thing, I think I'll stick to Yvon and Wollery (or whatever IGN came up with).

It was "Yvan" and "Wolley."

Notice: Yvan and Wolley is "navy" and "yellow" spelled backwards... IGN was tippin' the creative scale when deciding on those names, right?
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:45 AM »
I lost.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
Nine more days until NSMBWii comes to me in the form of a birthday present... Any suggestions for coping during the meanwhile?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »
Bowser's Inside Story? I dunno.

Anyway I'm getting NSMBWii this friday when it's released here in Europe. Have to restrain myself from looking at spoilers on Youtube til then... Gng...

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »
I beat the game the same day I posted what was going on in World 3.

I like that when you select a Starman from the map, it plays a "wet" version of the song (grand hall-ish echo) with no percussion or bass... just melody. It continues on the map screen, as well.

« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »
Speaking of map items (potential spoilers ahead)..

Where do you find Penguin Suits or Mini Mushrooms? I can't find either of those anywhere for storage purposes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »
You can only find them in the red Toad Houses where you do the SMB3 match game. I finished the game with 4 extra Penguin Suits and about about 3 Mini-Mushrooms.

« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2009, 11:20:06 PM »
Hackers Create New Super Mario Bros Wii Level Editors

Two editors have popped up on the web which allow you to create your own Super Mario Bros. Wii levels, if you got the chops.

On the day that Super Mario Bros. Wii was released here in the states, two different hackers released programs which allow the user to edit any level in the game, or to craft an original one. Tanooki, by Virus and Vash, was released first but Treeki claims he was working on his editor, Reggie!, for quite some time. The two different editors were released independently, but there does seem to be evidence that the two teams are considering working together to make one ultra-hacking tool for SMBW. Videos of their handiwork can be found here and here.

The editors work only on a PC, so you would need to emulate the Wii platform there in order to begin working on your own levels. Any levels you made or received from others would then have to be played on the emulator. Unless you had the ability to burn a disc that your Wii console could read. I'm not saying I know that such tools exist, but, if they did, (they do) using them in combination with these level editors might make for some interesting Wii levels surfacing on consoles around the world.

Of course, this is all in a legal grey area. Tinkering with the game like this is most definitely against Nintendo's E.U.L.A. and T.O.S. As long as none of the hackers attempt to charge for using Nintendo's copyrights, however, then the cops most likely aren't going to come knocking on their door.

That caveat lasts until some industrious hacker starts asking for Paypal donations in order to download his Super Mario Bros. Wii level in which Mario can jump through a group of coins which conspicuously looks like a part of the male anatomy. Then we've got problems.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print