Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165785 times)

« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2009, 12:20:05 AM »
Does it bother you that your grandma might not have the patience to play through a labyrinth castle and simply let the game do it for her Weegee?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
My sister told me a joke yesterday.

What are Mario & Luigi's pants made of?

Denim, denim, denim. Denim, denim, denim.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »
Old and it doesn't work unless you say it out loud.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »
She told me on Facebook that she had a joke to tell me but needed to say it on the phone. I called her yesterday and she told it. I thought it was rather cute...
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:12 AM »
Yes, and it loses its cuteness when you can't hear the speaker say [sing] the punchline out loud.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
Well, at least it makes for a killer tongue-twister.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
It also works with some Pokemon names..

Dewgong, Horsea, and Paras are three that I can think of right now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »
Ugh, oh yeah..... demo play.... so you can spend 50 dollars to laze your way through the game.

Nintendo's getting this ass-backwards.

Instead of an option to let the game play itself, there should be a so-hardcore-it-friggin'-borders-on-Kaizo-Mario-or-"Cool-or-Cruel" mode for the people who actually want a challenge.... because you know NSMB Wii isn't gonna be hard at all

It'd be cool if they had incorporated the demo mode not because they wanted people to be lazy, but because there are parts that are very difficult to pass that would impress the hell out of people like us, but still not get the soccer moms and grandmas hung up on that "ooooone part."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
Uh, that last reason is the official reason for doing it.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm aware of that.

« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2009, 02:22:52 PM »
Instead of an option to let the game play itself, there should be a so-hardcore-it-friggin'-borders-on-Kaizo-Mario-or-"Cool-or-Cruel" mode for the people who actually want a challenge.... because you know NSMB Wii isn't gonna be hard at all

This.  I really hope the difficulty is stepped up a notch even from SMW if they intend on putting a demo-play mode in it anyway...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
The difficulty should be similar to the Lost Levels (in moderation).

First bit is easy, last few worlds are freakin' hard, and then for that super challenge, when you beat the game, you unlock the option to play very hard levels (a la World A-1 thru D-4).

« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
The difficulty should be similar to the Lost Levels (in moderation).

First bit is easy, last few worlds are freakin' hard, and then for that super challenge, when you beat the game, you unlock the option to play very hard levels (a la World A-1 thru D-4).

Again, this.  I still to this day maintain that all Mario games should be this difficult. Apparently, American gamers circa 1986 didn't think so.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »
Again, this.  I still to this day maintain that all Mario games should be this difficult. Apparently, American gamers circa 1986 didn't think so.
More like Japanese videogame companies with American branches circa 1986 didn't think so--or was there some sort of preliminary US testing of the game before they decided to keep it in Japan?

And, well, I don't know about all Mario games, but certainly the ones that are visually identical to their predecessors (of course, SMB2J was, so that worked out just fine).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
Does it bother you that your grandma might not have the patience to play through a labyrinth castle and simply let the game do it for her Weegee?

No one over thirty plays any video games other than Brain Age and My Stop Smoking Coach.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print