Print

Author Topic: Winter 2007 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 34883 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Disregarding next year's plans, here's the moment you've all been waiting for! The awards!

This year's Poster of the Year has got enough humor for two-- it's returning champion, Bird Person!

In second is a guy who practically "lives here," MaxVance!

2007's Post of the Year combines experience and humor in an enlightening, graphical form-- CrossEyed7's "ASCII Graph Lecture!"

Not to be left out in the humor department is Lizard Dude's extremely exaggerated anecdote, "Air Puff ANGST!"

Fifth's "skills of an artist" exceed far beyond most of our own. Also, his Yoshi-to-anything-else ratio is practically 1:0. And don't we love it! Image of the Year, Lagoa de Yoshi!

In second is Deezer's very motivational poster, "Drugs. Don't do them." I might also add not to make a fool of yourself through anime references, or some combination of the two...

I didn't use any exclamation marks in the last comment! I must make up for it! 2007's Most Productive Poster was Super-Jesse, who was so productive, he productive'd himself into oblivion!!

Consider for a moment the productivity of this fellow. Second place goes to Bird Person!

Smartest on the Fungi Forum is definitely MEGAߥTE. What can we say? He's got as many degrees as two five standard graduates combined (no joke)!

Second place goes to Deezer, of course, whose knowledge of Nintendo and web design brought about the creation of TMK!

Apparently this guy is pretty nice-- 2007's Most Amiable goes to Suffix!

Don't forget your friendly neighborhood N64 Chick, who wins second!

Creativity can describe cleverness, originality, and productivity all at the same time, and Bird Person fits the bill! 2007's Most Creative!

In second is CrossEyed7, whose famous comparison of terrible movies and artistic skills put him in the limelight! Mmm, limes.

The Most Improved Poster, of course, is PaperLuigi! We like to think that at TMK, lives are turned around. Or at least their digital counterparts.

Second Most Improved is Insane Steve! Not so grumpy any more, eh?

Joining this year was a newbie who immediately took off and delivered the news-- whether we wanted it or not! Best Newbie 2007, Super-Jesse!

Another great addition to the Fungi Forum's ranks is none other than Chupperson's younger brother, Rao! I wish my brother had as good as typing skills as him. You hear me, Nutjob!?!?

Most missed for 2007 is Super-Jesse. His arrival was with great fanfare, and he had a successful career as a blogger... and then he disappeared...

We also miss Sapphira, who wins second. Why don't you talk any more, Sapph?!

The fabled and revered WTD Award (not really) goes to Lizard Dude, who weirded us most consistently. Incidentally, the word "dukar" and its proliferation on TMK stems from Lizard Dude's use of it!

Taking second is Tendo. He was banned for his insane "story," which was both censored and covered up with spoiler tags to protect the innocent.

This year's Best Signature has a heaping helping of Classic Boo_penguin™! It's Boo_penguin's signature!

In second is Jman's amusing jab at the pop genre! Or so I'd like to think. It could be most any genre.

Luigison had a brilliant CT this year, using mysterious characters to give the illusion of flipped text! It's "dn ǝpıs sıɥʇ!" 2007's CT of the Year.

In second is a run-on CT jokingly awarded to Glorb, whose anecdotes detailed a most colorful and somewhat embarrassing past. This guy was reportedly, "Beat up by girls and fooled by EGM and lost $10 in a LEGO-related incident!"

Through the steadfast loyalty and common sense of the Fungi Forum's members, we honor Deezer with the Deezer Award. It just fits.

Let's have a round of applause for this year's winners, and certainly Sapphira, who year after year has dutifully made these fantastic certificates!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:35:23 PM by Suffix »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »
Amazing, everyone! Thanks for participating and for the ideas for 2008's awards. And congratualtions to all the winners!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04:29 AM »
Arr, "Most Improved" be the finest treasure I've ever plunderd!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2008, 12:26:47 AM »
Congrats to all of the winners!!!

Rao is Cupperson's little brother? Wow.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
He's also an accomplished wizard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »
Ooh, cool awards...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2008, 09:07:31 AM »
as many or more degrees than two standard graduates

Jman

• Score
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »
I actually can't remember what song I had in mind when I made up that signature...though I've come to learn in this day and age that if I despise a song (aka Crank that Soulja Boy), it's likely to become a #1 smash.  The song in question may have been "This is Why I'm Hot."  I only heard it once, and I never wanted to hear it again.  But all my friends in high school were singing it. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
Ah, thanks Megabyte. If a standard graduate has only a Bachelor's in something, I guess that puts you at five combined, eh?

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »
I don't know about the others, but...

Most Creative: Reading.

Have none of you read Super Paper Mario 2? Really...

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:10 PM »
The contest be over, and there be no 3rd place, matey.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2008, 08:52:29 PM »
(aka Crank that Soulja Boy)
WTD is that song even about, anyway?

I've come to learn that if the kids at my school like a song, then I shouldn't. I mean, "My Humps", that one Usher song ("Peace up, A-town!")... I feel like clawing out my brain just thinking about those.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »
WTD is that song even about, anyway?

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »
I feel sorta flattered that I was even nominated for Most Amiable, let alone getting runner-up.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2008, 11:56:19 AM »
I just saw the awards and was about to cry until I saw I won something! I'm happy.
every

Print