Print

Author Topic: Take that, PS2!  (Read 3011 times)

« on: January 14, 2004, 01:16:22 PM »
News has just come from Nintendo's direction that while PS2 sales have lowered slightly, GameCube sales have soared! It's all because PS2 doesn't have great deals like the Zelda: Collector's Edition disc! What's more, is Sony's console only £80? No! So, Nintendo obvously triumph. :)

-----------------------------------------
Live long and prosper ... and that''s your lot. Ciao!
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 08:10:20 PM »
Yeah long live Nintendo!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 08:46:55 PM »
You idot, £80 means $120. That's still more than Game Cube's price.

It''s ah me marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 09:01:08 PM »
Umm... Sadib, perhaps it costs more in Europe?

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 09:06:37 PM »
Sadib, you spelled "idiot" wrong. Doesn't that make you the "idot" now?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 09:33:03 PM »
Well, maybe sadib likes to say idot more than idiot.  I mean, I like saying "rube" more than moron or idiot.

Anyway, I'm here in Fort Myers Florida and enjoying my vacation.

And now you know, the rest of the story.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 11:55:38 PM »
Yeah ps2, you better take... uhhhhh.... that.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 07:56:35 AM »
Ooooooooooh!

Nintendo! She LIVES!!

Let's hope the big 'N' stay as the No.# 1 forever!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 02:58:59 PM »
Hey, PS2's not bad...xbox is though, and n is no.1!

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 03:38:31 PM »
This is a Nintendo-based forum, so you're not meant to reveal that you think the PS2 is okay. Oh, whoops! Did I just say that? Okay, okay ... PS2 is alright. But obviously, the GameCube is much better. Oh, and sadib100, (who is too un-important to deserve a capital letter at the beginning of his name!) the GameCube is $99 in America, I believe. Have you ever heard of something called 'varied prices overseas'? Obviously not! One more note ... we could change this into a page where we post any news we happen to hear of involving Nintendo. That way, everyone can be up to date. Here is today's newsflash!

E3 2004 set to show new Nintendo colsole -
E3 2003 brought no new Nintendo console, no new Zelda game (apart from Four Sword's and Tetra's Trackers, of course) and no new Mario game. But what will E3 2004 bring us? Well, Nintendo is to reveal a new type of console: not a GameCube or Game Boy Advance successor, but a third brand. Many Nintendo fans have come up with an idea that China's I-Que could be set to release overseas ...

More GameCube triumph news!-
Nintendo have announced that 2003 was a great year, being the second-best console over the year. Apparently, during Xmas, GameCube sales rose by a whopping 70%! This was probably due to Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, which sold over 1 million units during its first 7 weeks on retail. In news of Nintendo's heldheld, the GBA sold 2.5 million units during Xmas! All, right! NINTENDO RULES!

Live long and prosper ... and that''s your lot. Ciao!

Edited by - Yoshi6 on 1/15/2004 1:40:56 PM

n/a

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 06:59:18 PM »
Long live Nintendo!!!

i would probly like the PS2 more if the controller fit my hands; i've got huge hands.

Edited by - Deezer on 1/12/2004 5:12:44 PM

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 01:32:28 PM »
If you have big hands, buy yer'self an Xbox. Words to live by, really.

EDIT: We have some breaking news! To celebrate the release of the new Famicom-themed SP in Japan, Nintendo are set to release 10 ported NES games for the GBA! These classics from Nintendo, Hudson, Namco could include titles such as Donkey Kong, Ice Climber, Excitebike, Pac-Man, Xevious, Mappy, Bomberman, Star Solider, and even Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda!

You reckon I could be a news reporter when I grow up? meh, I don't think so. I wanna work at Nintendo!

Live long and prosper ... and that's your lot. Ciao!

Edited by - Yoshi6 on 1/16/2004 11:47:07 AM

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 02:15:29 PM »
sony has lots of software support,more durable controllers, and you can mod them like crazy.

gamecube has great nintendo made games, the in ability to burn games, but its easy to play imports.

xbox is just a big microsoft brick.

Mario''s adventure is over for now, but
Mario''s dream lives forever...
Mario''s adventure is over for now, but
Mario''s dream lives forever...

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 12:06:09 PM »
I agree, comletely. I've got a GC, and I'm going to get a PS2 ... but I would never even dream of grabbing an Xbox. It's just not worth it. Hey, why not get an iQue! Sure - the games will be in Chinese, (no complaints, please, I'm NOT confusing Chinise with Japanese) but haven't we all played Mario 64, Zelda 64 and other classics already? We'll make it through easily. Those who do not know about the iQue ... it is a N64 controller from Nintendo that can play SNES and N64 games! Not the cartridges, silly - you have to go to one of China's many iQue koisks and actually download the games onto your memory card, believe it or not. I've noticed there is a USB port on the top - wouldn't it be cool if you used this to buy iQue titles from the internet, and then proceed to download it through the iQue's USB port ... onto your memory card? It's obvious they'll be doing this in the future. But, problems being problems - this one in particular is quite large! Y'see, HELLO! It's China, for frickin' well sake! Piracy is big in China. Being able to download these games from the internet, let alone actually allowing fans to connect the iQue to a PC in the first place will begin yet another one of gaming biggest problems - ROMs. And I'm talking about ROMs that people put up on websites for other guys to send to their iQue at their own free will, without even paying. I mean, this is Nintendo! They have finally managed to conquer the huge world of pirated home console Nintendo ROMs by introducing a compact, well-protected disc format. But, look! 'Clever' Nintendo go and release a PC-compatible console, in China. Hang on, I'll say that again - CHINA! Starting to make sense of this abnormality, are you? Lights turned on upstairs? Get it, now? Nintendo have created a big, big mistake. So, basically, I'll round this up in a sentence or two. Nintendo have stupidly introduced even more piracy to a very piracy-inflicted country. This will not do. Just stick with koisks, no matter how desperate you are, Nintendo!

Edited by - Yoshi6 on 1/17/2004 10:07:52 AM

Print