Print

Author Topic: Need a WAV from Super Mario Bros. RPG  (Read 3677 times)

« on: May 06, 2001, 01:10:03 AM »
I am need of a WAV file from Super Mario Bros. RPG of Princess using the Flying Pan. A double-hit would be the best but I'll take anything at this point. I need it for a musical we are doing that is Mario Bro's themed. I was planning to use my brother's game to record it but all this saved games are gone and he doesn't have time to go through the game to get the Frying Pan again. I need it fairly soon or I'll have to re-write the script.

If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

I am on DSL so large downloads will not be a problem for me.

Please e-mail me at "webmaster@moonprincess.com" if you can be of assistance.

Thanks!

Rebecca

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 02:22:22 PM »

You're in luck, aznaphrodite. Although you can't get the sound off the web normally, I can try to get the sound using a ROM of the game instead. All I want you to do is to not rewrite your script, but wait until I have the sound effect. It might take two or three days to get it, but I'll get it.

It''s hard to save the world when you''re a penguin in wizard clothing.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2001, 02:29:19 PM »
Thank you so much! I really, really appreciate it!

Please e-mail me if you need to contact me!

Rebecca

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2001, 08:30:37 PM »
Sorry, but I'm having a hard time getting the ROM. I know a few sites that have it, but it can never find the file. So it will be a while before I get the ROM. But once I find it, getting the Frying Pan sound should be a piece of cake (referring to the Peach letter in Super Mario 64, ha ha).

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2001, 05:01:15 AM »
Hey penguinwizard, do you know how to rip sfx off of ZSNES (or any other emulator for that matter)? I've tried finding a way, but I can see one.

Does your face hurt?
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2001, 09:16:09 AM »

You can rip sfx from ZSNES if you capture the SPC file just as the sound file is playing, but that's tedious. I have this other program that I assume can capture the sound.

It's called TotalRecorder. It's free, and you can find it off the Internet somewhere.

Once you download this special program, just get your Mario RPG rom near the point where you're about to do the Frying Pan whack (make it a double-hit). Then, before you resume your game, make it so TotalRecorder will start recording.

TotalRecorder records all sounds and music coming from your computer. So it should work.

Do it quick, because in the unregistered version there's a 40-second recording limit.

Once you've recorded the sound and saved it, you can edit the sound in Sound Recorder or wherever, then you could try compressing it in Sound Recorder by saving it in MPEG-3 Layer format (it will still run in Windows Media Player).

Because I can't seem to download the ROM, it would be appreciated if someone else did. I'll keep helping daFunkster until we both manage to get that sound.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2001, 06:39:16 PM »
Hey, yeah, i'll do it. I have the ROM, it's just i seem to have forgotten that there was a WIndows version of ZSNES. I use DOS cause I like it better.

And I think Sound Recorder can do it too. You have to set the Recording source to "Mixer."

Does your face hurt?

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2001, 02:50:36 PM »
I can Get u a sound of it.I am a SMRPG player and played that game EVERY DAY For the last 5 years for at least 10 hours a day.Give me your email and i will try and get it to ya.\Snifit_3
SNIFITS KICK!

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2001, 11:26:55 AM »
I tried doing it, and it didn't work for me.

This message brought to you in part by: Ð@Æ’µN|‹$†€®.

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2001, 03:48:28 PM »
Oh! I don't need it anymore. The musical was on May 28th and no one was able to do it by then so I downloaded a general frying pan sound off the internet to replace it.

Thanks anyway!
Rebecca

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2001, 01:30:49 PM »
Regarding ripping sound data from ROMs in general-

There is a nifty little program out there called Snessor95 that rips the sound FX data from any SNES game and allows you to play through them one at a time, CD player style.  I _think_ it will also save FX to wav files.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2001, 01:45:56 PM »
Yes, it converts FX sounds to wav format, but most of the time the sound is screwed up on complicated games like Super Mario RPG and Uniracers. Try it: you won't find the frying pan sound by using the program unless you have a really good ear.

''Those who stop and run away, get destroyed some other day.''
You didn't say wot wot.

Print