Poll

Which games do you like more? Old or New? Old is NES-SNES and New is 64-GC.

Old Mario
22 (46.8%)
New Mario
5 (10.6%)
The it's all good option
20 (42.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Print

Author Topic: Old Mario vs. New Mario  (Read 8954 times)

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »
I like Old Mario better mainly about the colors. I like mario in the Original mario 3 because of the black overalls.
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 12:46:41 PM »
Rock on, booo95.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 03:23:54 PM »
The new games have stupid plot points, but are still cool....
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 04:44:57 PM »
The classic mario games rock! I hate the newer mario games, they're just too freakin hard!
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 06:57:22 PM »
You've never played Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels have you Big_C?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 07:22:21 PM »
Of course I've played SMB2 Jap/Lost Levels. It took me about an hour to beat on my SNES. I've played all the old school mario games.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 07:40:40 PM »
Wait you beat it in an hour? I've had that game for a decade and I still can't beat it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 07:44:42 PM »
Gees I've beaten all the SNES Mario games completly and Sunshine.

And I don't even have a Gamecube!
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 07:37:22 PM »
I tend to favor older versions of something over present reneditions. That's why I voted "Old"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 09:20:42 PM »
In the old games, there was a huge difference between them. Nowadays you can hardly tell some of the new Mario partys apart. I love Mario games a ton, but they need to think of some new ideas, and maybe take a chance for once. Also, what's with all the Mario sports. They are quite addictive, but they are taking every sport they can find! In a few years I bet you a substanstail amount of money that Mario Super Sumo will be out on the market!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 11:11:54 PM »
Please!  Stop comparing Mario Party to SMB3, etc.  It's not fair.  Instead, compare it to Dr. Mario or even Mario Is Missing.  You should compare SMS to SMB1-3.  They're from the same line.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 12:59:07 AM »
Mario Super Sumo... That'd be hilarious. Luigi all fat wearing a diaper. Wario would look normal, but with a diaper on...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 01:33:21 AM »
I love Mario games a ton, but they need to think of some new ideas, and maybe take a chance for once. Also, what's with all the Mario sports.
WTD, this sounds like a contradiction here. New ideas and taking chances? Uh...I think all these sports games are doing just that. I'd classifly DDR into that category, too, like how the Karts are. Besides, if anything, the Mario games are very innovative. I mean, look at the ideas behind M&L:PoT and Super Princess Peach. Innovative, I tells ya! Besides, the Mario Party concept was very much a "new idea," very innovated, and very creative. Now they've just over-used it, so it doesn't seem as original anymore, since there are now 8 of them.

While, sure, I'd like to see more "mainstream" Mario games, as opposed to spinoffs, they ARE being made, usually at least a couple a year. There's nothing to complain about. People should be less demanding, and think of all the hard work that goes into these games to make them so great. SMB1, 2, and 3 were all released about a year apart, if I recall. We're getting more Mario games now (excluding the volumes of spinoffs) then we did in the past. It's just most of us were too young to have played them as soon as they came out, and now that we're older, there are masses of games to go back and play. How can you expect all the innovative games that have added up over the past two decades to be "made up for" today in, say, even just a couple of years?

Be happy for how much is already there; 10 years ago, we didn't have all the great games we do now. 20 years ago, we had even less. It's cumulative. Be glad you didn't have to "wait" those two decades for all those games to come out; you already had a mass already available to you when you first started gaming. (This goes for most of us; it depends on one's age. I'm talking about the "average" age, which seems to be around 15. Yikes, I'm getting old.)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 06:01:18 PM »
I agree with you Sapphira, the sports are a very fun innovation, but I think what the message was to mean was they need to make a new adventure, for such as the GameCube.(since Mario and Luigi has or is coming out for the DS).  I'd love to see a big grande adventure including all the charaters, maybe a platformer.  I'll think of the perfect innovation that could come out right now.  Hold my thoughts.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 08:31:23 PM »
You may all think that the Mario games are bad now, but that's what adds all the variety and multiplayer in the series.

I bet that if it wasn't for the new games, there wouldn't as much Mario fans as there is today.

Print