Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Games Get Boring  (Read 5846 times)

« on: June 02, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Nintendo games get boring after about a week? I haven't touched Brawl's case in like a month. The only reason it lasted long is the multiplayer.

Does anyone else think this way of Nintendo games?
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »
No.
Ditto used Machop!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:08:57 PM »
Not the best forum to ask. Go ask a Playstation forum.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
The only way I think Nintendo all games get boring, is when you beat every single aspect of the game, the game fails to possess much replayability.

I've beat Legend of Zelda PH twice already, and I don't see any reason that I should ever play it again. As for SSBB, I've just got it, and I don't to play it very much because the teachers seem to enjoy torturing me with more and more homework.

On the other hand, I've been playing Pokémon Diamond for a year already and I'm still not tired of it.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »
Boring after a week? I spent about four weeks beating Twilight Princess (for a little more than an hour per day; that was back when I was still at home and time was restricted). A few weeks later, I beat it again in half the time. Even at college, I'd go back to saves I made during my second playthrough and beat bosses. Twlilight Princess is the best case scenario I have. Brawl I spent just as many hours on a expanded period of time unlocking all the stuff.

Admittedly, I am tired of Pokémon Diamond now, but I still spent upwards of 140 hours on it.

I don't think it's the games. I think it's you.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
[Nintendo] Games only get boring if you play them to death. Yes, I do play a game for hours at a time, but I take breaks in between, that way you cool down, in a sense. Or when you complete the game, give it a few weeks before you begin playing it again. When you play a game, your excitement gradually goes down and you're like "I'm tired of this" before you know it. It's sometimes a good idea to stop long before you get tired, that way the excitement can easily replenish and it feels fresh when you start up again. I found this out with PM and PMTTYD. I played through PMTTYD almost constantly then-- probably six or eight times in past 3 1/2 years. I don't play it much now, as I played the heck out of it and it doesn't feel as fresh-- I will give it time before I want to play again. However, with PM, I have played through it completely only 3 times (finished it today) in the past 7 years, and every time it felt completely fresh and awesome.

Probably the only game that for some reason has incredible lastibility for me is Luigi's Mansion. In the past 7 years (mostly in the first three) I played through it at least 50 times (counting when I didn't have a GCN Memory Card).

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »
This pretty much applies to any game in general. After you've gone though the main quest, you're not going to enjoy wading through the adventure again just because you've already beaten it before. Most people groan having to do it again to unlock extras and such. Multiplayer games are also incredibly crippled if you have no one to play with, which is why online play is usually desired in every major multiplayer game.

The key to avoiding this would be having a wide variety of games at your disposal, but that's probably very expensive for most people.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
What I do is buy a game I know I'll be playing for quite a while (a GTA, Zelda, and so on), and once I've sucked it dry of every drop of fun juice, I'll sell it and buy another such game. This way, I usually only own about four or five games at a time.

Actually, GTA's a bad example; I usually keep those forever and play it during my game-transition periods or when there's a summer game drought.

Basically, I'm a penny-pincher of sorts when it comes to games. I'll hold off on unlocking everything until I've beaten the game once, for example, and try and play every single side-mission before beating the game.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »
I really really don't understand people who 1. play short/eternal (SSBB) games all the time and expect them never to get old 2. Play moderate to long games over and over without a break inbetween playthroughs (like a few months at least).
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
I just... play. And when I'm done, I play something else. Don't all games get boring after a while?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 09:26:43 PM »
That's what I'm saying.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
"Boredom sets into the boring mind." - Metallica

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »
That's what I'm saying.
That was directed at Corleone (but I'm glad we're on the same page here!).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Nintendo games get boring after about a week? I haven't touched Brawl's case in like a month. The only reason it lasted long is the multiplayer.

Hey everyone, I am having an anti-Nintendo party at my house! Bring all the booze you like, I might also get a cake jumper!
Canada, eh? '87

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
And later let's have an anti-everyone else party, where we'll bandy about phrases like "Sony fanboy" and see who can misspell "Xbox" the worst way!
every

Print