Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710008 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3540 on: November 18, 2007, 08:26:22 PM »
Besides, I'm pretty sure you should be asking your parents (or whoever) what rape is, not the general public on a forum.
every

« Reply #3541 on: November 18, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »
Yes, PaperLuigi, and I proved he knew how to edit.

Also, why the $&%# does everyone care about double-posts so much?

« Reply #3542 on: November 18, 2007, 08:56:46 PM »
I really don't care that much...I was actually trying to save him from other members yelling at him for it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3543 on: November 19, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »
I hate that a forum that should be a place where you can vent your anger is turning into a pointless argument thread.

And school.
-------------

« Reply #3544 on: November 20, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »
I have a 5 page report to do on health. It's supposed to "verify" what I learned from health even though I aced the chapter tests (and I'm only doing the report on one chosen chapter). I'm doing it on illegal drugs. I wonder how this'll turn out.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3545 on: November 20, 2007, 09:03:16 AM »
Pt_Peach brought up a topic that triggered a rant. Hear me out.

I hate the fact that they wait this long to show students the effects of drugs. They should terrify the kids with pictures of smokers' lungs and other pictures of drug abusers' mangled insides when they're still in the first grade, and every year following. All they ever told me about drugs until the seventh grade was that they're bad for you. But so is candy, according to mommy--drugs must be fantastic!! I mean, by the time they explain it all, one has already either become the kind of person with friends who would try drugs and would use peer pressure to spread it, or has their head on straight and their friends do too (or one could have no friends, which can go either way). I fortunately got good friends and we all steer clear of drugs. Could be that I live so far from town. Could be that I wasn't neglected by my parents. Could be chance. But to be on the safe side I'm showing my kids in the future disgusting pictures of drug effects every "red ribbon week." There's nothing scary about the pictures, because it doesn't have to happen to you unless you want it to.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3546 on: November 20, 2007, 09:19:22 AM »
I have the same opinion too.

Also I have angst.  In my language arts class we are reading very old books like Frankenstein and The Island of Doctor Morreau.  I don't like old books because I can never tell what's going on in them!  I also hate the locker room in my PE class because of all the noise and cussing.  I also hate cussing.  In my opinion it is entirely unnecessary and doesn't make you cool at all.  I also hate how the term gay dosn't even mean if a guy likes another guy it just means dumb of stupid.

Sorry for all the angst, but the middle school I go to is a good generator of angst.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #3547 on: November 20, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »
Bid Person's rant reminded me of something I have ANGST about.

Take a look around your school. Notice anyone who shouldn't be there? You may be wondering why a cop is standing over by the administration office. Well, he’s there for a reason, and it’s because the school is afraid that there’s a psychopath within the walls, ready to shoot up the students and staff at any given moment. Now some schools may not have a cop, and if you don’t, you better pray that no one decides to go crazy. The fact of the matter is, we wouldn’t have to have cops if schools weren’t afraid of students going nuts and blowing everyone away. Why do some students choose to shoot other students? Is it it because their home life is horrible? Not likely. It’s probably because there are other students, who most of us call bullies, who push them around and make them feel like garbage. This brings me to another point I have to make, which may or may not make you angry, depending on where you stand on this issue. Why do people bully? To make themselves feel good? Partially, but would they feel it necessary to even attempt this if the school system was strict in enforcing the rules? Maybe, if they were taught at a young age that bullying/fighting is wrong, with more than just the crappy “okay boys, don’t bully each other and I won’t through you into detention.” That kind of crap only encourages bullying, since the perpetrators know they’re getting out of doing something bad for a few lousy minutes in a nice, quite room where they’ll have to miss going out with their girlfriend for half an hour. That just doesn’t cut it. Your parents and grandparents will tell you that back in their day, if they did something wrong, they were met with a 4X6 paddle with holes cut in it for extra speed. If we had that kind of punishment today, kids would know that if you did something wrong, you’d be punished severly, and would not be encouraged to hurt someone else for your own gain for fear of getting paddled. But we don’t have that today, do we? Why? Perhaps it’s because a few whinny parents and individuals thought it was “unfair” to punish children in this manner. You know what’s really unfair? Sending my kid to a school that could be locked down at any given moment because there’s a student inside with a gun, who was bullied all his life. And this is all because the other students weren’t taught at a young age not to bully through harsh punishment. You may say that the old ways don’t work, that our parents had it all wrong and that we should go about doing it the way we are now. I want you to think for a second and tell me how many kids shot up schools back in the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70's. You can probably only count about 3. After the 1970’s, the number of student shootings in the US become increasing difficult to count on your two hands alone. You’d probably need someone else’s hands to help out. But do we even pay attention to that nowadays? No, we just continue to go about out lives and dissmiss bullying as child’s play, waiting for the day when some tortured student comes into the facility and starts picking off innocent lives. I say we should go back to the old ways, where we taught our kids at a young age to respect each other through harsh punishment rather than the crummy peaceful and lazy way of just sitting them down in detention. It’s not about being “fair” to our students, it’s about saving the good and innocent students from another Columbine. I felt like I had to share this with you guys because I’m tired of hyper-hippies telling me that kids are just “playing around” and that punishing them “is not fair” when it’s obvious that the system now is not working. And that my friends, is my ANGST.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:31:42 AM by PaperLuigi »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3548 on: November 20, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »
Feh. What about bully parents? I know to avoid trouble (especially since my sisters never did and were constantly getting thrown in jail), yet my father beat me into the ground all the time. He even did it for some of the stupidest reasons like...say...he missed an episode of Spongebob freaking Squarepants. It eventually got to the point where I had no choice but to leave all my belongings behind and run away to live with my mother in order to save myself.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3549 on: November 20, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »
If your parents beat you, are you more likely to shoot up the school or your parents? What I said was that if kids were taught never to bully in school through harsh punishment, then chances are the student being bullied wouldn't have a reason to come to the school and shoot innocent students. My argument had absolutely nothing to do with child abuse. It's a totally different subject.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:03:55 AM by PaperLuigi »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3550 on: November 20, 2007, 11:17:03 AM »
Actually, I've been bullied by kids in school too because of a disability that I have but would rather not talk about.

My point was that it's not fair that I have to suffer because of stuff that I had absolutely nothing to do with. Heck, the only reason my father even kept me at his house was so he could make money from child support. The lazy slob. I hate him with every inch of my body...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3551 on: November 20, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »
Oh, so what you were saying is that you had ANGST because of your Father. I'm sorry, I kinda thought you were saying that parents cause school shootings. :(

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3552 on: November 20, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »
Bid Person's rant reminded me of something I have ANGST about.

Take a look around your school. Notice anyone who shouldn't be there? You may be wondering why a cop is standing over by the administration office. Well, he’s there for a reason, and it’s because the school is afraid that there’s a psychopath within the walls, ready to shoot up the students and staff at any given moment. Now some schools may not have a cop, and if you don’t, you better pray that no one decides to go crazy. The fact of the matter is, we wouldn’t have to have cops if schools weren’t afraid of students going nuts and blowing everyone away. Why do some students choose to shoot other students? Is it it because their home life is horrible? Not likely. It’s probably because there are other students, who most of us call bullies, who push them around and make them feel like garbage. This brings me to another point I have to make, which may or may not make you angry, depending on where you stand on this issue. Why do people bully? To make themselves feel good? Partially, but would they feel it necessary to even attempt this if the school system was strict in enforcing the rules? Maybe, if they were taught at a young age that bullying/fighting is wrong, with more than just the crappy “okay boys, don’t bully each other and I won’t through you into detention.” That kind of crap only encourages bullying, since the perpetrators know they’re getting out of doing something bad for a few lousy minutes in a nice, quite room where they’ll have to miss going out with their girlfriend for half an hour. That just doesn’t cut it. Your parents and grandparents will tell you that back in their day, if they did something wrong, they were met with a 4X6 paddle with holes cut in it for extra speed. If we had that kind of punishment today, kids would know that if you did something wrong, you’d be punished severly, and would not be encouraged to hurt someone else for your own gain for fear of getting paddled. But we don’t have that today, do we? Why? Perhaps it’s because a few whinny parents and individuals thought it was “unfair” to punish children in this manner. You know what’s really unfair? Sending my kid to a school that could be locked down at any given moment because there’s a student inside with a gun, who was bullied all his life. And this is all because the other students weren’t taught at a young age not to bully through harsh punishment. You may say that the old ways don’t work, that our parents had it all wrong and that we should go about doing it the way we are now. I want you to think for a second and tell me how many kids shot up schools back in the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70's. You can probably only count about 3. After the 1970’s, the number of student shootings in the US become increasing difficult to count on your two hands alone. You’d probably need someone else’s hands to help out. But do we even pay attention to that nowadays? No, we just continue to go about out lives and dissmiss bullying as child’s play, waiting for the day when some tortured student comes into the facility and starts picking off innocent lives. I say we should go back to the old ways, where we taught our kids at a young age to respect each other through harsh punishment rather than the crummy peaceful and lazy way of just sitting them down in detention. It’s not about being “fair” to our students, it’s about saving the good and innocent students from another Columbine. I felt like I had to share this with you guys because I’m tired of hyper-hippies telling me that kids are just “playing around” and that punishing them “is not fair” when it’s obvious that the system now is not working. And that my friends, is my ANGST.

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone else to say something like that.  When we wimped out on punishment, we opened the floodgates, because kids don't see the consequences of their actions.  When I was a kid, I did some bad things, and I paid for each one with a few slaps across the behind.  You remember a thing like that.  It's easy to forget what you did when you're sitting in a quiet room.  In my opinion, spanking is not barbaric, it toughens kids up, and serves as a painful reminder of a dirty deed. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3553 on: November 20, 2007, 01:31:59 PM »
Yeah... right. Mild violence toward one's children sure tells them not to be violent to anyone else.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3554 on: November 20, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »
It's better than the crap that we're using now. Putting troublemakers in detention doesn't even compare to a few spanks on the behind with a 4X6. People are far too wimpy nowadays to stand up to troublemakers. School shootings increased from about 2 or 3 in the 1950-1970's to about 50 in 1980-present when we stopped the punishment and took....dare I say it, the Bible out of schools. Don't believe me? Look it up and count 'em here. Most of the school shootings are in the US. I know I said being nice to people is the way to go, but when people don't want to listen, and the result is a school shooting, sometimes the best way to do is to teach our kids that violence itself will be met with serious consequences. That's how it is in real life, so why should we do it any differently in school?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:46:30 PM by PaperLuigi »

Print