Poll

Is R.O.B. a Mario character now?

Yes
4 (16%)
No
21 (84%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Is R.O.B. officially part of the Mario gang?  (Read 14332 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »
Well for starters, you didn't capitalize the B in SushieBoy, and you spelled Grammar wrong!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »
So that'd be a spelling mistake. Sorry for not capitalizing the "B".  XD BP's gonna murder us.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 07:09:38 PM »
Who is XD BP? gasp
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 07:11:26 PM »
BP's evil clone!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 07:11:49 PM »
I thought it was Xtra Dimensional Bird Person. He's Bird Person's counterpart from a parallel universe who dedicated his life to keeping the many dimensions in check after his own world was destroyed in some cataclysmic event having to do with bad grammar.

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »
Mario character or not, I don't get why people hate characters created or renewed in spin-offs. First people hated Waluigi, then Toadette, and people also dislike Bowser Jr. when I think he's a pretty awesome character (though he wasn't created in a spin-off, nor was ROB). Fine, you could hate them for some other reason, like Daisy for being annoying with her constant "HI I'M DAISY" but hating them JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE CREATED OR RENEWED IN A SPIN-OFF TO COMPLIMENT ANOTHER CHARACTER?

Are you people so afraid of change you have to constantly complain about this?

Toadette and Waluigi = Unoriginality. I mean, it sounds like they spent 10 seconds in a boardroom just brainstorming an idea then running with it. I believe Bowser Jr. also falls under this category, but then again I hate all Koopa Kids equally.

I'm fine with Waluigi and would be fine with Daisy if there was a DUCT TAPE option. R.O.B., though (check this out) robs any other good Mario character of a Mario Kart DS position. Like Fawful.

Fawful is a one trick pony who lost his appeal once I played Partners in Time. Then again, that game made everything suck.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 08:14:06 PM »
I don't have time to determine who needs to be killed, so I'll just get in the steamroller. It's really efficient, all you need to know is how to turn it on.
Just for the record again, I liked Partners in Time. What exactly is wrong with it?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 06:35:06 AM »
^ You can beat it in, like, two days.

Hey, there's an idea! Put a Shroob in some other game, already!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 08:11:37 AM »

Just for the record again, I liked Partners in Time. What exactly is wrong with it?

You should use the roller on Wiggles now.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Why do so many people hate Waluigi?  All sandwiches need mustard or mayo to be complete.  Well, Waluigi is like the mustard or mayo to the Wario sandwich.  Sure he might not be considered original, but think of it this way: Mario has an evil clone, why can't Luigi?  Wario basically started out as what Waluigi is: a twisted version of a Mario brother.  If Waluigi ever gets his own game, we'd all learn more about him, and maybe appreciate him more.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 01:41:56 PM »
Give Waluigi his own game? He hasn't even made an actual appearance in a big title yet. He was made simply to take up space and serve as a partner for Wario. Plus, Wario has become much more than an "evil clone" in recent years.

I believe Waluigi has potential should he ever be used in a major game, but at the current rate, he's pretty much forgettable, given that all the Mario RPGs thrive on characters specifically created for them, Nintendo EAD doesn't put out big Mario games often, and even then sticks to the old "Save Peach" plot, and Wario has his own series in which Waluigi has yet to appear in.

Also keep in mind the only reason I think Waluigi could be good if used correctly is only based on how he acts the the minor Mario games. The intros to Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf TT come to mind.

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »
Forgive me for being a fanboy maniac, but Waluigi is awesome. He's hilarious, funny looking and has all the qualities of a bumbling sidekick/evil doer. He reminds my of one of my favorite childhood villians Dick Dastardly; this alone makes him awesome. And ding-dang it, Luigi has a rival in him. I'd love to have Waluigi in his own game.

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
Bowser Jr. gets hated on too much here, as well. I like him, he made me laugh in Sunshine, even more than Petey Piranha.

Maybe Jr. isn't ready for his own adventure, but I'm sure Bowser is. I'd like to play a game from the main antagonist's point of view.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
Forgive me for being a fanboy maniac, but Waluigi is awesome. He's hilarious, funny looking and has all the qualities of a bumbling sidekick/evil doer. He reminds my of one of my favorite childhood villians Dick Dastardly; this alone makes him awesome. And ding-dang it, Luigi has a rival in him. I'd love to have Waluigi in his own game.

That's jumping the gun. Luigi and Wario had to work for their own games. Waluigi hasn't made a legit appearance yet.

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:15 PM »
I said that I'd love to have him in his own game. I never said he deserves it.

Print