Print

Author Topic: D&D  (Read 1540 times)

« on: June 18, 2005, 10:46:21 AM »
Do any of you play Dungeons&Dragons?  I've been wanting to learn how to play, but there are to many books to choose from, and I dont know where to begin.  If you do play, can you try and help me out, give me a few procedures?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, the dawn was coming,
heard him ringing on my bed,
he said "my names the Teacher,
what matters what I call myself,
and I have a lesson,
that I must impart to you,
its an old expression,
but I must insist it true."

I only watch [adult swim]

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:16:51 AM »
You won't learn to play by reading a book. Find a group of people that already know how and ask one of them to teach you.

Edit: Also, you need to get a Player's Handbook. In the unlikely event that the group isn't playing the newest version(3.5); consult them on which handbook to buy before purchasing one.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 6/18/2005 10:19:30 AM

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:58:21 AM »
I dont have any friends that play it, I just wanted to learn so maybe I could get them into it, so we would have something fun to do.

Al Pacino came out of the theater...  Bruce Willis came out of the T.V...  But Mel Gibson, came out of nowhere.
I only watch [adult swim]

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »
You need at least one experienced player to play the game correctly. That one person with experience would play as the Dungeon Master. A group of people who have never played before have very little chance of playing the game correctly. But if you insist, choose one unlucky soul out of your group to be the DM, on top of buying a Player's Handbook, he/she'll have to get a DM's Guide. Read the books all the way through(except for the DM's Guide, only the DM can see that). Concentrate on the character creation sections and the combat sections. Good luck.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Print