Print

Author Topic: Arrghh.... What is it?  (Read 4504 times)

« on: June 20, 2000, 01:08:01 PM »
You know in Yoshi's Story, when they sing after a level? Well, I want to know just what the heck they're saying! At first it sounds like "Remember", but it is also equally intepetable (is that a word?) as "Be careful". Does someone know exactly what they're saying?!!?! Please don't say what you think they're saying, only help me if you know for sure.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2000, 02:50:26 PM »
Ti Amore.

It sounds like the French saying 'I Love You', which the game is sorta all about.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2000, 05:28:25 PM »
Where did you pull THAT out of?!?!! Why would they be speaking in French!?!?!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2000, 06:21:57 PM »
Actually, I think it's "Ti Amo," which is Italian for "I love you."  Italian makes more sense, because Mario and Luigi are Italian, and I can really only hear three syllables...  Either that or it some garbled form of "the apples."
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2000, 07:28:38 PM »
Hey, it was that, or

The Ammo

A**Hole (Don't kill me! My parents think that)

Cornholio (Okay, I made that up)

or

The Ahole (I'm not making these up!)

Your choice I suppose.

Edited by - Deezer on 6/20/00 7:49:51 PM

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2000, 08:03:05 PM »
It could be basically any two words with a total of three sylables that end rhymes with after or soul. However, try to stay within the theme of the game...coughVelvetDark007wheezecough...

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2000, 08:51:07 PM »
Many people claim to hear "be careful..." which I hear also. However, it could also just be Yoshi gibberish.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2000, 08:35:52 AM »
I haven't played "Yoshi's Story," but sort of on the same subject what does Mario say in "M64" that sounds like "Peggo?"
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2000, 09:03:17 PM »
My theory is that it doesn't mean anything at all. Yoshis don't speak a single word of English (or French, or Italian), they just know the word Yoshi. Perhaps they are just making sounds because they're happy, a bit like birds who sing when they feel like it.

¤Thelo¤

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2000, 01:10:08 AM »
"Peggo"? Could you mean, "Let's a-go!"?

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2000, 11:38:24 AM »
They could be saying MeatBall!! No. That's not right!!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2000, 05:04:37 PM »
The Yoshis say "be careful."
Mega 2

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2000, 09:22:05 AM »
They say "Eeee Eh Ooooohhh" - they're Yoshies, why would they need to say anything else?
The rest of the noises they make throughout the game are gibberish, why would they suddenly learn how to talk and warn you to be careful?
Well... I say rest of the noises, but at certain points they quite obviously say "yummy yummy yahoooo!" (but that's just because it's sweet).

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2000, 11:27:06 AM »
When do they say jibberish?  As far as I know, Yoshis always speak English.  They say "Pick me!" on the character selection screen, and "Yoshi!" on numerous occasions.  I don't know WHY they say "Be careful," but that's clearly what they're saying.  
Mega 2

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2000, 04:08:16 PM »
Clearly, eh? Is that why there's a topic trying to work out what they're saying?

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print