Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 50158 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2003, 08:26:05 PM »
Hey, I don't mean to interrupt whatever you're talking about, but I read the first post and you said that you can take animations. I have some 1-min long animations! The graphics are those of Paint and they are made on Windows Movie Maker. They are too big to download now-they'll never go through to you. I was wondering if you knew of any program that compresses movie files. I need it!
I will help provide stuff for the website anytime! I have super-fast Internet and I can get a whole bunch of stuff!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2003, 09:33:36 AM »
Hey, guys! Right now I'm working on a li'l link banner for the site.  It's done except for the site's name. I have a question:

Should it be "Gamer's Haven"--singular gamer
or "Gamers' Haven"--plural gamers?

We want this to be grammatically correct, right? That's why I'm asking. ;)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2003, 11:52:26 AM »
Oh well, I decided on Gamers' plural-possessive. I can always change it--piece of cake.  Anyway, check your emails, fellow staff members. ;)

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2003, 01:17:25 PM »
Well, rub-a-dub-dub! I'm here .. oh, you need the password? I'll give to to you as soon as I get a new e-mail account. :)

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.

"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2003, 01:55:38 PM »
Um, it's supposed to be Gamer's Haven.  BTW, I'm gonna work on a walkthrough for SMRPG, k?

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2003, 03:04:16 PM »
 From a strictly grammatical view, "Gamers' Haven" is correct. It's not only one Gamer you're talking about.

However, Mario Master, I believe you named it, and so, your final say.

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2003, 03:05:08 PM »
I know, but Gamer's Haven looks a little cooler.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2003, 03:21:18 PM »
I guess I'll get started on the SMS guide. I should put it in Word, right? Then send it to Mario Master?

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2003, 03:22:15 PM »
Ya, that's fine.

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2003, 05:27:35 PM »
Did any of you even see my post?!?
Oh well, never mind...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2003, 05:35:02 PM »
I saw it. I just didn't have anything to say about it.

How does "Gamer's Haven" look cooler? They seem the same to me, just one with incorrect grammar. No offense, but is incorrect grammar uncool? Perhaps, but it makes you seem more intelligent.  Seriously, I'm not referring to anyone in particlular, so please don't take offense to this. :)

--------------------

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2003, 05:43:43 PM »
It looks better with "Gamer's Haven". That looks better to me. "Gamers' Haven"...naw, it just doesn't look as good. Why don't you have a vote on it? We Mario Message Board people will go to your site, well, at least I will.

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2003, 05:45:00 PM »
Ok, for Gamer's Haven then!

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2003, 05:45:01 PM »
I wonder if Yoshi6 has a new email yet?

Edited by - Mario Master on 6/9/2003 4:46:04 PM

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2003, 07:44:17 PM »
Hey, when you went to Geocities, which web package did you pick? Is the free one 100% free? Please, I need to know! I've been wanting a website FOREVER-and now that I found a server, I need to know what you used because your site I can tell will look cool. Please tell me which package is the best!

Print