Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 78803 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
"Non-monetary compensation" will probably be a free wallpaper. And to further insult users, it'll probably only be offered on one of Sony's platforms.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »
My roommate's Netflix still works, otherwise I'd be raging hard. I wonder if we'll ever get any news about a wave of identity theft linked with the leaked information from PSN.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/30/press-release-some-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:

* Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
* All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
* Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
"Select content" will probably be PS3 stuff, and most PlayStation Plus content is designed for PS3 (sales on downloadable PS3 games, early access to said games, free or exclusive avatars and PS3 themes).

Prove me wrong, Sony. Give away Ghost of Sparta or something. Give away a bunch of PSone classics on PlayStation Plus during the free period. Most importantly, acknowledge that while PS3 owners haven't been able to play their precious online games, an entire subset of PSP owners has been locked out of their systems entirely, and compensate PSP owners accordingly instead of pretending the platform doesn't exist. Otherwise:

lol Sony

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2011, 07:45:39 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does PlayStation Plus not automatically include free downloads of certain PlayStation Store games?

I think I saw something about Sonic the Hedgehog 2 being free for all PS+ members...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2011, 08:09:36 AM »
It usually does, yes, but that doesn't matter for anyone getting this free trial because the content for US subscribers changes every two weeks.

And almost all of it is PS3 stuff. Sometimes PlayStation minis and PSone classics (which work on both PSP and PS3) will be free or discounted, but you basically never see any PlayStation Plus bonuses involving PSP-exclusive content, because the service isn't aimed at PSP owners.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
I don't think Sony cares about the ten people that bought the PSP Go.

« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »
What gave it away? The complete shut down of it's production? Because that would seem like a major smack in the face.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »
The Best Buy where I live has a playable Go on display, but they didn't put any games on it. So it's not really playable.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
ten
I know you're joking, but I would guess there are at least a hundred thousand PSPgos sold worldwide (it sold just under 30,000 in Japan the first week alone, so this is probably low). By default, all of these users would have to have at least one PSN account.

My point was that Sony should be compensating PSP owners the same as PS3 owners rather than ignoring them like they almost always do. The fact that they decided to release a digital-distro-only version of the platform should be further incentive for them to do so.

To Sony: Fifty million (in a press release last month Sony said this many PS3s had been shipped worldwide as of March 29th - note this doesn't mean the number actually sold) is less than seventy million (approximate number of PSPs sold worldwide - Sony said 67.8M in a press release on February 25th). Don't pretend it isn't.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
Concerning PSP owners I don't completely disagree, but I think your response was a little over the top, particularly because we don't even have all of the details. Looking a gift horse in the mouth and all that.

What we're 'getting' is honestly more than I expected in the first place.

Still doesn't make everything right, as this never should have happened, but it's something.

And just some extra information, in Japan (Historically the PSP's strongest territory) the life time sales of the PSP Go through April 24th 2011 are 174,751 units.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2011, 03:52:28 PM »
Is it really that over the top, though? As a PSN user, and one who's paid for content on the service using a credit card registered to his account, I've been subject to the same risk as the other ten million users with credit card information on the service. If Sony is offering reparations to users of the service, I'm entitled to those the same as anyone else. How, then, should I respond when Sony offers a free month of a service I don't use, a free month of a service that I don't use and that isn't even designed for the platform I own, and mystery content that most likely won't be for my platform either?

It's also worth noting that, even if the PlayStation Plus content they offer during that month can be used on the PSP, any PlayStation Plus freebies expire when the subscription does.

And yeah, like I said, a hundred thousand was almost certainly a low estimate. I'd guess worldwide PSPgo sales would be somewhere near the 300,000 area, but Sony doesn't seem to have revealed them anywhere.

« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Wait, so... it was Anonymous? Or is this the one that happened a few days earlier that they also didn't tell anybody about until even later?

In any case, people can stop the with "lol sony" [dukar]. Millions of people's personal financial information could be at stake here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »
I will never stop lolling.

Print