Print

Author Topic: Story RP: The Stolen Star Rod  (Read 3582 times)

« on: December 21, 2001, 09:00:49 PM »
((Hey everyone. I guess I could say I'm new here. I joined here once under another name, but only posted a few times. I come to the site alot, and I'm an admin at a board called Delta Star Forums (www.awanime.net/phpBB/index.php). Now to the point. I started a story RP type thing at the RP forum over there, and since this place has an RPing forum of sorts, I'll repost it here for the heck of it))

**It was a very fine, peaceful day high up above the Mushroom Kingdom, in a land known as Star Haven. Star Haven was the land in which the Star Spirits lived,(Also where the Star Road is located) the seven star-shaped beings that had created the mythical artifact, called the Star Rod, capable of granting any wish desired. The Star Spirits' job was to guard this item, yet never a threat came upon the Star Rod, so they were naturally very bored. Eldstar, the eldest of the seven, was observing a couple of Star Kids playing with each other, while Muscular was building up his muscles(though being a star-shaped being it was hard to tell where they were). Yes, it was a fine day... Until the a horrible tragedy befell Star Haven...**

**Meanwhile, in the Dark World, King Koopa sat in his throne and yawned. "How can I stop Mario and Luigi for foiling my plans to overthrow the Mushroom Kingdom and marry the Princess?", he thought to himself. After some thought, he asked his trusted advisor, Kammy Koopa (Kamek was out of town at the time) what to do. She explained to him that she had once heard of a place called Star Haven, and about the Star Rod. "I WILL get the Star Rod!", Bowser screamed. And with that he hopped in the Clown Copter and flew out of Dark World Castle, upwards with Kammy...**

((More to come...))

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 09:09:29 PM »
**The Star Spirits were miding their own bussiness peacefully in Star Haven, when suddenly Scholar had a bad feeling. "Do you feel that...?", he asked Eldstar. Eldstar apparently felt it as well, and soon the rest of them did (even Twink, the youngest Star Kid). Eldstar began to get very nervous, and he called al the Star Spirits to guard the Star Rod...
But once they got there, the Star Rod was gone! The Spirits were all in shock, and soon they heard evil laughter, laughter that could only be that of Bowser Koopa's. Bowser was holding the rod and laughing insanely. The Spirits knew that there was only one thing to do, since Bowser used the Rod to become immortal. Together, the Spirits could perfom a technique known as Star Beam, which could neutralize the Star Rod's power. The Star Spirits began to charge for their attack, when suddenly Kammy Koopa( who was a Magikoopa like Kamek) flew up on her broomstick. With a wave of her wand, they were imprisoned one by one into a large box with a star on it, and a magical keyhole shaped so that only the Star Rod itself could free the Star Spirits. Kammy then used her magic to send the box shooting through space, and with a twinkle in disappeared into the horizon. Bowser was very excited, and he knew there was no way Mario could stop him now.
He used the Star Rod to perform a sort of Instant Transmission, which transported him along with Kammy back to the Dark World. Knowing he still had his Keep, he transformed his Dark World castle into a flying castle which had a base that look like a giant version of Bowser's Clown Copter. Bowser went inside the castle with his advisor, and began pressing some buttons and pulling levers in the control deck of his castle. This made it burrow underground, and Bowser set its course...Straight for the Mushroom Kingdom**

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 09:11:40 PM »
((If you haven't noticed, I kinda loosely based the begining of off Paper Mario. It gets better though.))

**At Mario's Pad, Mario and Luigi (who had recently moved in) were playing a nice, peaceful chess game that had gone on for at least two hours now. Mario wondered if the game would ever end, when a noise was heard outside. Naturally, Luigi went to look. (His brother never did a thing around the house except lay around eating Italian food and watching TV). While Luigi was outside, Mario took two turns in a row putting Luigi in a checkmate. Luigi, on the other hand, found out the noise was only a friendly Toad delivering mail. The mail, as it so happens, was an invitation for the bros. to a party a Peach's castle. Luigi was very excited, since he never got to go anywhere or do anything. So excited, in fact, that he never did notice Mario cheated in their chess game. So Luigi went and informed Mario, and they took a warp pipe to Toad Town, largest city and capital of the Mushroom Kingdom. In the middle of the huge, populated town lay Princess Peach Toadstool's never-changing castle. On the way to the castle, the plumbers chatted with some of their old 'Shroom friends, and once they got there, realized they weren't the only guests of honor. Mario saw his old friend, Mallow ((Note: this is only LOOSELY based from Paper Mario, it's a story RP that I'm changing some things around in.)) Prince of Nimbus Land. "Of course-a he was invited." Mario thought, while Luigi only asked Mario "Who the hell is that weird-looking fluff-ball over there!?". Mallow overheard this, and started crying. Luckly for everyone, Mario managed to calm him down before the castle flooded, and they both took up a little Luigi-bashing for his rudeness.
Mario and Luigi also spoke to many Yoshi's along the way(Mario'd studied their language during the times Bowser wasn't attacking). After some long conversations, Peach finally quieted the crowd of guests down. She explained the purpose of the party was to honor the Mario Bros., and to celebrate the year-long peacefulness of the Mushroom Kingdom. Then, as she was calling Mario and Luigi up to recieve their medals of honor, the entire castle began to shake violently. Many mushroom people and Yoshis ran for the exit, but Mario and Luigi knew it was their duty to protect Princess Toadstool. Suddenly, the entire castle began to float into the air. Mario clutched Peach, while Luigi just ran back and forth screaming "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Before Luigi was finished screaming, Bowser leaped through the castle window with a loud roar.**

Bowser: BWA HA HA! There's nothing you can do to defeat me this time, Mario!

Mario: We'll-a see about that!

**Mario and Bowser begin to fight**

Luigi: "Nothing you can do to defeat me, Mario?" Well he's forgetting about me!

**Bowser stands laughing as Mario attacks the hell out of him to no avail, and then finally explains he's used the Star Rod to make himself immortal. He then smacks Mario out the window, and Luigi screams. Grabbing Peach, he jumps out the window, following Mario**

Bowser: ****IT! THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!

******ed off, Bowser uses the Star Rod to fly after the plumbers and Princess who were falling toward the ground**

((To be continued...again))

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 09:14:21 PM »
((Heh, just noticed it censored some of Bowser's harsh language. Sorry about that.))

**Mario found himself waking up in the middle of a dense forest. He looked around, but there was no sign of Bowser, Luigi, or Peach, and he no idea what was going on. The last thing he remembered was a battle with Bowser, before everything went blank. Mario began to walk around this forest, calling the names of Luigi and Peach and hoping to find them. After a while, Mario became discouraged, and took a rest. A blue-shelled troopa was on a shroom collect spree nearby, and saw Mario resting. After a couple of seconds, the Troopa noticed that Mario was his enemy. He withdrew into his shell, and shot himself at Mario. Startled, Mario jumped up, landed on the shell, and kicked it into a large tree. The troopa was out cold, and eventually the tree fell over and landed on him. "Hmm...", said Mario. "Could-a Bowser be sending his Koopa Troop after-a me already?". Thus he continued through the forest, on alert for any more of Bowser's "Koopa Troop". After much walking, Mario came upon a familiar looking flower. He picked it up, and his overalls changed from blue to red, and his shirt from red to white. "Lucky for me-a I ran across this-a Fire Flower. It's-a getting dark out...", Mario said. After about an hour of walking, it was totally dark outside, so Mario grabbed a nearby branch and made a torch with his fireball. He sighed, and wondered if he'd ever find a way out of the forest......**

**Luigi and Peach landed in a large lake. Peach swam to shore, dragging Luigi (who wasn't a good swimmer) behind her. ((In case, you're wondering, they landed in the same place because they jumped out of the castle window at the same time. Mario was already out of their sight when they jumped.))
"Ugh, thanks-a Peach...", said Luigi. "Hey, where's-a Mario?" Peach wasn't really paying attention to Luigi, for she was fussing about her new dress being soaked. The pair sat for a while, drying off. Luigi spoke again: "I just-a knew something bad was gonna happen when I left the house this morning... It-a always happens like that..." Luigi continued his blubbering and complaining for an annoyingly long period, and finally the Princess could take it no longer. "WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE YOUR BROTHER!?", she screamed. "Instead, we're lost in a wilderness somewhere, without Mario! And worse yet, you won't SHUT UP!" Peach started trudging eastward. "Come if you want, but I don't need your worthlessness to protect me. I can take care of myself." Peach said to Luigi, as she kept walking. "W-wait!", Luigi called, running after Peach. As the pair continued walking, they did not notice the dark, mysterious figure floating high above them...**

???(though it's not that hard to figure out who this is): BWA BWA HA!! There she is! And Mario's nowhere near! This'll be easier than I thought!!!

((To be continued...yet again!))

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 09:15:34 PM »
**Mario awoke the next morning, and saw a strange light in the forest. He began to walk towards the light, until he saw a sign that read "Welcome to the Forest of Illusion". It was then he realized he finally made it outside. Looking around, Mario felt a strange feeling of deja vu. Then something snapped in his mind. The Forest of Illusion, of course, was in Dinosaur Land! But how and why he got there, Mario didn't know. After some thought, he figured out Bowser had probably used the Star Rod to transport him there, so there would be no way he could ever rescue the Princess. Mario was screwed. He had to think of a way to stop Bowser, or at least make it back to the Mushroom Kingdom quick enough, but how? After much thought, he recalled a memory from a past adventure. Mario had stumbled upon a fortress in the Forest. After battling past many enemies and traps, he discovered a secret portal to the Star Road.**

"That's-a it! I'll find the fortress, and go to the Star Road. Someone ought to know-a SOMETHING about that Star thing Bowser had-a!"

**And so, Mario turned back, back into the dark and strange forest, with a new plan in mind.**

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2001, 09:16:25 PM »
**Peach was trudging onward, with no clue as to where she was going. She turned around to see if Luigi was still behind, but he wasn't! Peach started looking around and calling for him, because for some reason, even though he was a cowardly person, she still felt insecure by herself in the open. Suddenly, a familiar roar was heard, then Luigi came shooting down from the sky and landed on Peach, knocking her over. Before they could regain their senses, Bowser stood before them, laughing.**

Bowser: BWA HA HA!! You two will be going nowhere! You'll be my castle-slaves forever!

**Bowser waved his Star Rod, and a Warp Pipe appeared. He grabbed Luigi and Peach, and jumped through the pipe, and it disappeared in the ground**

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 09:17:20 PM »
((Now, for Mario's side of the story again.))

**After battling various Koopas and searching for a long while, Mario stumbled upon what appeared to be the fortress he'd remembered about. Though tired from all the fighting and walking in the gloomy Forest of Illusion, he walked forward into this fortress. One step later, he saw a huge pit of boiling lava right in front of him.**

Mario: Mamamia! I don't-a remember that being there! I'd better be-a careful!

**Mario walked a few paces backward, gained a running start, and jumped his longest long-jump past the pit, only to land under the path of a spiked Thwomp about to crush him. He saw it coming down and rolled out of its way just as it hit the ground. Finally think he was safe, Mario was confronted with an army of Dry Bones. Mario still had his fire power though, so it'd be no problem. He threw as many fireballs at them as he could before getting tired, but they did nothing to the Dry Bones. It seems he'd forgotten Dry Bones were immune to fire. Mario's attack had angered the Dry Bones, and they started throwing bones at him left and right. This surprised Mario, and a bone hit him square in the nose, causing him to lose his fire power. He ran through the stream of flying bones, avoiding most of them, then jumped up high and landed on one of the enemies. Mario bounced from one to the next until they were all just piles of lifeless bone lying one the ground. He knew they could regenerate, so he ran as fast as he could to get away. Being merely skeletons of Koopa Troopas, Dry Bones were not very smart, and would forget they even saw Mario after they regenerated. As Mario was running, he almost slipped into another pit of lava. This one was even bigger than the last, and had fireballs spraying out everywhere. He pondered how he'd cross this deadly pond of lava, when he noticed a strange block above his head. Mario jumped and hit the block, and a magical feather poped out. Upon touching this, a puff of smoke engulfed him, and Mario sported a magical yellow cape which gave him the power to fly. Once again with a running start, Mario jumped, then flew straight across the lava pit, until he ran head first into a pair of large red doors.**

Mario(sarcastically): Hmm, I wonder-a what's in here?

**Mario entered the room, expecting to see the owner of the castle, ready to kill him. To his surprise, only a few Boos lurked about inside. Ignoring them, he walked towards another pair of doors in the back of the room. Exiting the fortress, Mario then found what he was searching for... the portal to the Star Road...**

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 09:20:24 PM »
**Looking strangly at the glowing, star-shaped portal, Mario went through, and before an eye could blink, he found himself on the Star Road. Although it wasn't as fancy or majestic as Star Haven, it was quite a beautiful place. Mario remembered his old friend Geno explaining that wishes were sent up to the Star Road to be granted, and he had once returned all of the seven magic Star Pieces needed for wish-granting. He didn't know which way to go to get to Star Haven, and wondered around for a bit, hoping to find some help. As he walked back and forth, a small star-being saw Mario. The star quickly flew over to him.**

???: Mario! Mario! Do you remember me??

Mario: ...

???: It's me, Geno!

Mario: Ah, Geno! Do you-a know how to get-a to Star Haven from here?

Geno: Yes. In fact, I will even lead you there. But first, I must ask a favor of you. Remember how I told you that the 7 Star Pieces of the Star Road were used to grant peoples wishes? Well, when Bowser stole the Star Rod from Star Haven, he sapped them of any power they had, making them useless without the Rod. So you see, now the Star Rod is the ONLY thing capable of granting people's wishes, but as long as its in Bowser's possession, it will only grant his foul and evil wishes. Therefore, we must reobtain it from Bowser.

Mario: That's-a impossible! I fought-a him already, but he's-a invincible!

Geno: Not quite... There is one way...
...Mario, would you wait a second?

**Suddenly, the star that was Geno shot away downward. After 5 minutes, Geno returned up through another portal in a doll-like body.**

Geno: Alright Mario, shall we head to Star Haven? They should have more information for us there.

**And so, Mario and Geno headed for Star Haven, in hopes of finding a way to defeat Bowser...**

((That's all I've posted for now, but when I post more at Delta Star, I'll copy it here. BTW, anyone who likes posting should join over at DS...))

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2001, 09:26:20 PM »
did you post these all in one day?
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2001, 09:33:26 PM »
Nah, I posted them over time.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2001, 11:17:09 PM »
Nah, he's too lazy to do that. Took him weeks to write this up. lol.

Hey Bowser, how come you're not working on the story at DS?! Get on it, man! We want more!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2001, 11:22:30 PM »
Man, I didn't know my story was actually popular. And how did you get here!? STALKER!

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2001, 11:29:12 PM »
Not to insult your topic but why don't you go to
Mario RPG-started by me

and

Need an idea-started by screech the hedgehog

They rule!I am also very original.

Gregers
I am the guardian of the forests,I am the guardian of the swamps.I am half Bear,half Frog.

BearFrog a.k.a. Greg

Print