Print

Author Topic: What kind of music do you like?  (Read 15222 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
I like country, rap, and today's popular tunes.

I particularly like the Villebillies, sort of a rap/country fusion!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 07:14:17 PM »
With this list, you can get a good idea of what I like.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
Wow, I had no idea Deezer had even one Buckethead album. Where'd you get those rarities?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 08:31:24 PM »
I like Yoko Kanno, Samuel Barber, Antonio Vivaldi, Yasunori Mitsuda, Richard D. James, Radiohead, Yes, They Might Be Giants, Chris Clark, Johannes Brahms, Rush, Steely Dan, Nobuo Uematsu, Josquin des Prez, Claude Debussy, Daft Punk, Air, Koji Kondo, Castlevania music, Mega Man music, Shadow of the Colossus music (by Ko Otani), Björk, Franz Schubert, Ludwig van Beethoven, Joe Hisaishi, The Moody Blues, Mike Paradinas, Tom Petty, Motoi Sakuraba, Falcom Sound Team JDK, Todd Rundgren, Antonin Dvorak, Modest Mussorgsky, David Bowie, Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakoff, Béla Bartók, DMX Krew, Blue Man Group, Dirty Vegas, The Avalanches, Donovan, múm, J.S. Bach, Susumu Hirasawa, Ochre, The Decemberists, The Shins, Devo, Kansas, Valis III music, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, Led Zeppelin, ...???

I like some music of: Moby, Orbital, Clutch, Alice in Chains, The Arcade Fire, Ween, Green Day, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Depeche Mode, Beck, Gorillaz, Tool, The White Stripes,  and other random stuff I hear at work.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »
I like rock n' roll and hard rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Van Halen, and Jimi Hendrix. I also like Mario Music. In a way.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »
That somehow implies that it's unusual or something for people to like Mario music. Or video game music in general.

Anyway, I remembered I like Rammstein too.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 07:24:15 PM »
I checked out some jazz records from the library today, and I'm really getting into it. I really dig jazz.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »
Jazz be good. I like smooth jazz a bit more, though.

(I am jealous over the fact that horn is not an instrument that's normally used in jazz, which probably explains that.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »
I dislike regular jazz because it seems kind of discordant to me, and smooth jazz usually sounds like Weather Channel muzak. I prefer blues over jazz.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 10:23:43 PM »
Vid: David Amram

Glorb: A lot of Jazz is supposed to be dissonant. But most isn't discordant. Complex harmonies and dissonance are just ... complex, is all.
That was a joke.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
I like smooth jazz.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »

Amram's one of the very few exceptions. I'd like to see horn a lot more than in just his works, though. :|
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »

Glorb: A lot of Jazz is supposed to be dissonant. But most isn't discordant. Complex harmonies and dissonance are just ... complex, is all.

Well, what I meant was, I prefer music that has a definite rythm over the whole song, rather than a sort of freestyle "DOOOOOOdoodoodooodlydoodlydeedlydoodlydiddlydiddly doodiddlydadeedlydoodoodlydiddly..." saxophone solo. I guess that could be it; I'm just not a saxophone fan. But whatever.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »
Yeah, true hardcore jazz is very very free-form. And there is also guitar, piano and trumpet in a lot of jazz, it's not just sax.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »
Glorb, you're describing a relatively small portion of Jazz as a whole. You're only talking about the kind of stuff Miles Davis did in the mid '60s and stuff like Ornette Coleman did. And Ornette Coleman is pretty far out there. Free Jazz still exists, of course, but it isn't in the majority by a long shot.
I have to say, though, Free Jazz is definitely some of my favorite. And even in most free jazz there is still a main melody and a form to the music. The time just floats more.
That was a joke.

Print