Print

Author Topic: Worst--Movie--Ever.  (Read 21532 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Anyway, why hasn't anyone mentioned Son of The Mask? that's probably the first movie I saw previews for and tried my hardest to avoid as much as possible.
Absolutely, though I think that pretty much any and all sequels that come out after ten years should go without saying.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »
Ew. Good point. I had to sit through that snoozefest. The only good part was right near the beginning when the dad was playing Mario Kart Super Circuit. His character? Luigi. =D
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
*sigh* Ok, now that I'm rested:

They/I say that Napoleon Dynamite is a movie that you need to watch twice to "understand" it. The "jokes" in that movie aren't actual jokes, but their still funny. Just the fact that they made a movie about these stupid things is what makes it funny. Unless all you laugh at is actual jokes, then you won't like this movie. If you have a really strong sense of humor, or a really weak one, then this movie is a masterpiece. But I guess that kind of humor isn't for you. I hate to call anyone ignorant, but it really makes me angry to see someone bash such a great movie, just cause they don't get the jokes.
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »
I don't think you need to watch it twice to get it. Either you do or you don't. I find the characters' mannerisms probably more inherently funny than the other parts of the movie, but I also enjoy a lot of the dialogue.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »
I agree, the humor comes from the weird characters and strangeness of the movie. If you want to lol at obvious jokes and gags go watch a RED TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND movie.

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
*sigh* Ok, now that I'm rested:

They/I say that Napoleon Dynamite is a movie that you need to watch twice to "understand" it. The "jokes" in that movie aren't actual jokes, but their still funny. Just the fact that they made a movie about these stupid things is what makes it funny. Unless all you laugh at is actual jokes, then you won't like this movie. If you have a really strong sense of humor, or a really weak one, then this movie is a masterpiece. But I guess that kind of humor isn't for you. I hate to call anyone ignorant, but it really makes me angry to see someone bash such a great movie, just cause they don't get the jokes.

I get the jokes. I just don't find them funny jokes, and I believe I've got a great sense of humor.

Did I mention I also was forced to watch it with my cousins one Christmas? Still didn't like it afterward.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »
Well, whatever. Maybe it's just because you were forced to watch it, or maybe you just have something against nerds. It's a shame you don't like it though, cause it's really a great movie.

(I do agree the storyline wasn't the best though)

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
Well, whatever. Maybe it's just because you were forced to watch it,
Maybe, I never wanted to see it in the first place, yet I was subjected to it twice out of something that wasn't my free will.
or maybe you just have something against nerds.
Why would I have something against nerds if I'm one myself?
It's a shame you don't like it though,
I don't think so.
cause it's really a great movie.
See above.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
What's your point? Oh wait, I think you made it two pages ago.
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
I did, but someone had to question my opinion again.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »
1. Why would I have something against nerds if I'm one myself?
2. I don't think so.
"Because it's about a LOSER." Was my brother's reply. And I agreed.
Fine then. Maybe you have something against losers.

2. That's ignorance. No offence.

Well, I guess we have different senses of humor (obviously).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:16:05 PM by Shyguy92 »

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »
Shyguy92, Vid is entitled to his opinion about a movie. Calling him ignorant isn't a good way to make a point. At all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
Oh I give up. I'm just saying that he'd enjoy it if.....he enjoyed it. You know what I mean.

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »
...yeah, but he didn't. Not everyone likes Napoleon Dynamite.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 05:19:33 PM »
I give up.

P.S. I'm just pointing out his ignorance. As I said, I wasn't trying to offend him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 05:21:33 PM by Shyguy92 »

Print