Print

Author Topic: Worst--Movie--Ever.  (Read 21536 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
What do you think is probably the worst movie--or movies--you have ever had the misfortune of viewing?

I think for me, it'd have to be Today You Die with Steven Segal. Seriously, I only saw about a third of it, and it takes the cake. I don't even know where to begin (or end), so I won't. Just watch it and weep.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »
Worst movie ever? Hmmmm....I gonna have to say Jaws 3. That movie is truly a joke and it brings a bad name to the fantastic Jaws 1.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:07:30 AM »
No, that honor goes to Jaws IV. It managed to make psychic sharks look dumb, and that requires a lot of effort.

As for the worst movie ever, I'd say that Ecks vs. Sever comes very close. I have no idea how Lucy Liu AND Antonio Banderas both agreed to be in what is essentially a 90-minute long collection of cliches and stupid dialogue. Even weirder, the movie was based on an obscure GBA first-person shooter of the same name that I had the pleasure of playing because it was only about five bucks at GameStop. Guess which is better.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 05:20:40 AM »
Perhaps Little Man? It was so horrible, but in an odd way entertaining. Like watching that are filled with babies wreck.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:13:46 AM »
Ecks vs. Sever was a fairly good game. I haven't seen the movie, though.

Street Fighter fits this thread.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
I'm not sure worst movie ever, but I thought both Ice Age movies were rather lame. The first was mediocre at best, but the second was just horrible. I mean, really. A mammoth that thinks it's a possum? That is supposed to be funny...how?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »
Napoleon Dynamite.

I'll say what was originally a PM to N64 Chick (IIRC):

When I saw the previews for the movie, I immediately knew I wouldn't like it. When I saw the commercials for it on TV, I still knew I wouldn't like it.

My mother thought it would be a cute movie though. So she dragged my father, my sister, my brother, his girlfriend (at the time), and myself to the movies every so often to try and see it. The first few times my mother tried, it was sold out, which was a huge relief for us, so we either picked another movie or just left and did something else that night.

"Why don't you guys wanna see it?" My mother usually asked.
"Because it's about a LOSER." Was my brother's reply. And I agreed.
"It looks pretty stupid" was his girlfriend's reply.

Then finally came a night when the movie wasn't sold out. We dreaded walking into the theater, where it had already started with the opening credits. I sat next to my father, who also shared my sentiments. It was EXACTLY how I thought it was going to be. Terrible.

Every 20 minutes or so my father and I would comment about how bad it was. I did not laugh once. My father also was easily able to keep a straight face, as were my brother and his girlfriend. My brother and his girlfriend would also turn around in their seats and comment with us how stupid the movie was.

2 hours of my life, wasted.

When we left the theater, we all said to mom that if she wants to see a movie like that again, she can just go by herself.

I really hate terrible movies.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
I must've had my head wedged in the clouds again. I do that a lot. Seriously. How the heck did I forget that?!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
Scary Movie 4. But then again that movie was meant to be stupid to be funny. But I dident find it funny at all. Just plain DUMB!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »
Napoleon Dynamite was okay I guess. It wasn't excellent, nor was it the worst movie ever. 

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
Where are my supporters in this argument? Napoleon Dynamite is an excellent film.
Also, I can't really recall seeing any movies I outright hated. 'Course, I avoid most movies.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 11:19:14 PM »
Napoleon Dynamite is an epic masterpiece of humor.

It also got massively overquoted and referenced, but that's just a sign of how good it was.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »
I loved Napoleon Dynamite. It was simple yet very entertaining. It's an aquired taste.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »
I don't really have a movie I really hate.

As for Napoleon Dynamite, I don't see how people don't enjoy it, it's a terrific film technically, and a hilarious movie plot and script wise.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 12:55:32 AM »
It's fine if other people like the film. I don't, though. I consider it to be terrible.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print