Print

Author Topic: Another EarthBound-related thing  (Read 4381 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:25:20 AM »

Click for full size.
Click for the sketch.

Picky is one of those super-cool, but overlooked characters... it just seems like he and Ness would be great friends. The idea here is that after Giygas is defeated and Pokey has fled to the future, Mr. and Mrs. Minch are paid back by Ness's dad or they make up or something, and become cool enough to let Picky have the room he once shared with his now-gone brother all to himself. So he now plays the GameCube (where it came from, don't ask me. Maybe none of them changed in appearance over six years) with Ness and friends. I want his carpet.

A lot of cameos in this one (most in-game). I've always liked the idea of Nintendo characters playing Nintendo or having Nintendo-related merchandise.

Oh, and the floor is the same as from Chef, but with some blue added and a different effect. Glad I saved it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:56:47 PM »
Man, I love this game. Awesome picture!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:12:33 PM »
I actually first saw this on STARMEN.NET. I didn't even realize it was by you until I saw the "s4m" in the corner, though. Ahh well, nice pic! What does the whiteboard say, anyway?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »
I actually first saw this on STARMEN.NET. I didn't even realize it was by you until I saw the "s4m" in the corner, though. Ahh well, nice pic! What does the whiteboard say, anyway?

Easy. Just read my signature. It's the letter from Pokey.
No! I don't want that!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
This is awesome. Your best artwork yet, I think.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »
This is awesome. Also, Little Mac's inclusion is an instawin.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »
Excellent! Wish I had more time to hone my drawing skills, though they wouldn't be as good as yours. I like the cameo of the WarioWare: Touched! game [case].
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 03:01:08 AM »
Thanks, everyone. I did include lots and lots of cameos--I love the idea of Nintendo characters playing Nintendo. Someone at Starmen thought the Pac-Man rug was a table. I guess it does look like a table, especially since I didn't distort it with the floor... ah well. It doesn't particularly matter. I do want a rug like that though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
Always love the unique visual style of EarthBound. Great pic!
You didn't say wot wot.

Print