Print

Author Topic: Nicknames  (Read 8234 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:41:25 AM »
What are some other names some people tend call you (in real life, not the internet)? I know not everybody gets saddled with some weird alias that replaces their actual name (like in the movies), but you've probably been called by a least a shortened version of your name (unless, of course, it can't be shortened).

I've actually not had any serious nicknames beyond just a shortening of my name. There's this kid who always calls me "Sandals", as I wear them exclusively, but he's the only one (I suspect he wants it to catch on, but it's just really irritating).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
Not really. Some people in my P.E. class last year called me either "Mustache" or "Dr Pepper" but it's likely that none of them knew my name. Some other guy called me "One-Three-Three-Seven" oftentimes, too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »
Well, I've been called Transformer/Transformers for bringing up the movie once, but I don't mind. This one kid calls me Rabbit because my name is Jimmy and the guy Eminem plays in 8 Mile is named Jimmy and nicknamed Rabbit, but no one else calls me that. It's annoying.
every

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »
Arr, people be callin' me "Droopy" for the past 4 years now.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:31:44 PM »
Some of the guys in English IV started calling me "Heavy Duty" for no reason (at least, not one that I could tell), and it caught on.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
I earned the nickname Tootsie Roll during my first year of marching band. We were at band camp, during the dance, and there's this song (which apparently has the name Tootsie Roll) that I was dancing to. That's what most of my close friends still call me.

My dad calls me Spud, because when I was born, he was known to be somewhat of a couch potato, and they said my mom was going to have a little spud. He changed it to Spudnik for a short time because of that Nickelodeon show Salute your Shorts, but has since gone back to calling me just Spud.

There's a girl at work that calls everybody Pea whenever she's in a big hurry. She knows our names but sometimes you don't have time to call somebody by their name, apparently.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
Back in my younger years, my grandma would call me Amer (sounds like aim-er) Kay which is basically just a corruption of my name (Amy) plus my middle name.

Also when I was little, the other kids called me Rudolph because my nose was red. Mind you, it's a birthmark I'd rather not talk about. Such dark times...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:18:25 PM »
AK
AKA
AK47
Mr. 47

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
Half my RL friends called me nothing but "Fly" through a bit of middle school and all high school.

The true origin came from 7th grade sewing class where I always sat at the same table as these two other dudes (who were both my friends but they were better friends with each other than I was to either of them at the time although I eventually became practically best friends with one guy and the other guy blew his brains out) and supposedly pestered them so I was a "pesky fly".

The real origin is that these guys liked nicknames and spread it well to other nickname lovers.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »
Heck, the only Nicknames I could remember were "nerds" "gee--"........ On second thought nevermind those.

There was a nickname that I was quite intrigued by however, once for like, a day, everyone in school started to call me "Mr. Nintendo" At first I was a bit offended because it tottally drew attention to my obsession for Nintendo Video games. Then I kinda liked it cause... well yeah.

Since I are is not at school no longer, I are very happier being.

Everyone else had better nicknames though. In band, every trombone player was assigned a special name:

My Brother: Trout.
My Brother's Friend: Horse.
My Friend: Turd.

They were both Seniors and they always said to my friend, "Stop screwing up Turd!" and "Get over here Turd!" and "You suck Turd!"

I'm so glad I am not him.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »
Well, I've had a few...

1) Al. This is because I apparently "bear a resemblance" to an anime suit of armor. What the dukar, guys.
2) Jim. Simply because my internet alias is Jim, and it's what I use as my name on Melee, because anything else I like to be called won't fit.
3) Tron. All the people who called me this mostly left. This was because on our "Disney Dress Up Day" last year, in the midst of all the Mickies and Princesses, I was Tron. Greetings, programs.
4) Hey, get out of my way!...This is the most frequent one I hear.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 12:47:51 AM »
My father always liked to call me "Pound" when I was a young child, When I got fat, he added "Round" to the beginning, and sometimes calls me "Round Pound". XP

Actually, just the other week, my father was doing that, and my mother started singing the song "Downtown" and replaced the title lyric with my nickname. I thought that was hilarious.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
Well, I have a few nicknames.

1. My dad calls me "Cakes" because I'm supposedly the nicest one of my sisters.
2. My niece calls me "Deeja" because she can't say my whole name.
3. One of my friends calls me "Lil' Bean" because...just because.
4. A few of my friends call me "DJ" It's only because it's a shorter version of my name.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »
Hmm. I've earned quite a few nicknames over the years, but many only lasted a year or so.

1. I went by the alias Hot Dog Eric whenever I talked on my father's CB radio.
2. In elementary many called me Reese's because of this Reese's t-shirt I had (which I still have, but it doesn't fit :( ).
3. For half of middle school I went by Turtle because of my obsession with turtles (which I still have a little of, but it's not so much an obsession than a likeness now)
4. My initials have created two nicknames, but I'd rather not talk about them here.
5. I've recently gone by Cornbugs or Uncle Cornbugs in reference to my impression of the band Cornbugs (which features Buckethead).
6. Also recently, I've started trying to spread the nickname Sir Rice, which is based off of a corruption of my name.
Eric. Take off "e" and put it at the end --> Rice; spell "Eric" backwards and it's "Cire," like "Sire". Drop that "e" and you get Sir Rice. I've also recently gained a powerful hankering for white rice and General Tso Chicken.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
"Julie" and "Jul" are the most common ones I'm called. My parents (and all relatives, for that matter) have always called me Julie, even though my real name is Julia.
Dad used to call me "Julie-kins" as a little kid. Now he sometimes calls me "lazy-butt bad girl." >_>;
Mom calls me "Julius" and "Daughteria," both of which I hate. The latter is in response to my nickname for her, which is "Mamia" (or Mommia, as she spells it). I prefer Dad's variation, "Ju-LEE-a"--my name with emphasis on the second syllable.

People call me "Hey" a lot. I'm not sure why.

I won't mention all the nicknames my brother's called me over the years...

"Sapph" is my online nickname, but you guys all knew that. Call me "Sapphy" and you die. Rao, I'm looking at you.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print