Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 87109 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
Yes. "Matthew" is actually Lizard Dude.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2007, 12:04:40 AM »
That's a real stinker of a scenario. You ought to be more careful about your toilet using habits!

(And in other news, this means I can use the thread when I have a story to tell that I don't want to put in ANGST or HOPEFUL! Yes!)

I was actually going to tell my teeth pain story here, but I didn't want to invoke stupid posts crying "BUMP!" *cough*glorb*cough* Or at least crying "BUMP!" and then taking it back somehow.

« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2007, 12:23:21 AM »
It wasn't my fault!

ANGST and HOPEFUL suck. Go (insert adjective here)!

Don't care what other people think - post where you want when you want.

« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2007, 12:54:36 AM »
Forgot about this thread... I shall tell a story that occured to me today (well, technically, yesterday):

At around 2:30 PM, I changed into my swimsuit, gathered stuff in a bag, hopped onto my bike, and headed to the public pool (because I don't have one myself, and none of my friends are inviting me to theirs). 20-25 minutes of pedaling later, and I am there. I put the bike in one of the bike spots, locked it, and took my bag and headed over to the admission hut, where I paid and got in. I put my bag (containing a towel, my wallet, my iPod, and my glasses case) on a bench, took off my glasses, freed my hair of its ponytail, removed my shirt, and sprayed sunscreen all over myself. Without hesitation, I hopped into the pool, but kept close watch of my bag, fearing someone would steal it.

The pool was relaxing, and, save one previous unpleasant experience, my first swimming experience of the summer. Unfortunately, two girls, around the age of 14 or 15, saw me and decided to talk to me.

"TWO girls, Vid? Lucky guy."

Right. k.

Anyway, they said "hi" to me. Not finding anything wrong with it, I wave back.

"What's your name?"
"Michael."
"Hi, Michael."
"Hi."
"How old are you?"
"Eighteen."
"Are you enjoying yourself?"
"Yes."

Note as they are talking to me, I'm continuing to look at my bag, checking to see if it hasn't been stolen yet. That, and I was trying to show the girls I really wasn't interested in chatting with them. Starting to feel this was futile, I quickly give up and continue swimming around, floating on the surface of the water, going underneath and going limp, waiting for my body to return to the surface, and other things I like doing in the pool.

"I like your hair."
"Thanks."
"Who does your hair?"
"I do." (Well, all I do is shampoo and condition it every night)
"Could you do my hair?"
"No."
"Why is your hair long?"
"Because I want it long."
"Why?"
"Because I like it that way."
"It makes you look kind of like a girl though."
"k"
"But you aren't a girl."
"You're right, I'm not."

After these conversations with my mostly one-worded replies, I start to mumble to myself: "Ugh, stop talking to me. I didn't come here to talk. I came here to enjoy myself. Geez."
Oh, and I'm still eying my bag.

One of the girls then pointed to a fat balding man in the pool.
"Is that your father?"
"No."
"Where's your father, then?"
"Not here. I came here alone."
"You drove here?"
"Yes." (I don't feel like being honest with these girls anymore.)
"What do you drive?"
"A van." (This is technically true now, but I didn't take it with me to the pool, because I still lack a license.)

These pointless conversations continued, and most of it is worthless, nothing I deem important enough to recreate here, but at one point one of the girls talked about her brother, who apparently thought I was hot, which was the reason why the whole chat sparked in the first place. Finally, I decided to get out of the pool and dry off on the bench where my bag was for awhile, and waited for the two girls to leave themselves. Eventually, they left with a guy who I am assuming was said brother of one of the girls.

I thought over the reasons why they decided to talk to me:
1. They thought I was attractive (Eh, probably not.)
2. They thought I was ugly (Hm, probably...)
3. They wanted to bother me (Also very possible.)

I opted for the latter two options, I then went back into the pool for a little while longer, came back out, and left at around 4:45.

I don't really expect any of you to find this story funny, but I felt like sharing it anyway.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2007, 01:19:02 AM »
Vid, perhaps those girls are just the type that like talking to people. There are a lot of those types at my school. I honestly find them annoying.

I was actually going to tell my teeth pain story here, but I didn't want to invoke stupid posts crying "BUMP!" *cough*glorb*cough* Or at least crying "BUMP!" and then taking it back somehow.
Don't worry, I would have defended you.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2007, 01:33:21 AM »
Yeah, except for maybe the brother comment, it definitely just sounded like they were making random harmless conversation. These things happen when you go out in public.

I enjoyed reading the story and did find it funny.

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2007, 01:38:47 AM »
I dunno, for some reason I sensed a bit of sarcasm or mischievousness in their voices, which was the reason I usually gave one-worded replies, and the fact that there were two of them seemed a little intimidating. If it was just one girl who didn't sound sarcastic or mischievous, I would've looked at her in a different light and would probably be more interested in what she had to say.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
It was a good story.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2007, 12:56:27 PM »
Vid approached those situations the way I do. I've had my share of them encounters. Never been able to tell what they were up to, though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »
My sister finally got her license. On Saturday we went to go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's really too bad they can't cram thick books into two hours so easily... afterward, I commented on an unpleasant, empty feeling growing inside me.
"Hey, can we go somewhere to eat? I'm starving."
We went to a Jack in the Box. She paid for the movie so I paid for her curly fries and shake as well as my double bacon ciabatta cheeseburger (a bit pricey but worth it). Upon getting home my mom hugged us both and shouted things like, "YOU'RE ALIVE, MY BABIES ARE ALIVE!!!" I was smart in having the car go to a place I could get food--it was clear that neither of my parents were going to make dinner. I ate my burger and curly fries (we didn't stay and I didn't want to get my shorts all greasy or risk dropping anything) and returned to my room.
I get my own license in seven months.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »
I thought HPatOotP was a good movie. I don't read the books.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »
Harry Potter has the "READ THE BOOK" factor pretty heavily, but it's because the books are so long that all the details can't fit into the movies. Example, for The Goblet of Fire, the House Elf side-plot and the whole purpose of Veritaserum is missing... they use the Veritaserum and get "Albus Dumbledore. ...No..." and some gurgling noises out of him, nothing else.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
OK, so this story is embarrassing:

Last year I was portrayed a lead role in my school's musical!  I was one of the T-Birds in Grease, and I sang two songs, one of which was a solo!  Oh wow!  Anyway, the musical is really stressful, because not only is it difficult to maintain whatever self-esteem you have while wearing makeup and dressed as a 50's greaser, but it also takes up a lot of time and patience.  Now, this story isn't really about the musical itself, but rather something that happened at the same time.
It was Preview Day, the day where the school has an assembly and all the cast members leave class early to get into costume and then perform the worst songs in the show so people will come and see the better ones fresh. So the cast and crew is in the gym/auditorium, and what do you know, I'm standing off to the side when a spotlight shines at me!  So like any other person, I try to duck out of the spot, but the tech kids are following me with it, so I run towards the stage, where I can lose it among everyone else.  Unfortunately, we don't have a pit, so some fake walls were set up for the Orchestra on the side of the stage, and I didn't see the teacher coming, and-- WHAM!  I collide with him, nearly knocking him over.  He stumbles a bit, I stand up in shock and just sputter out, "I'm really sorry, I'm so sorry, sorry sorry sorry--"  to which the teacher yells, "Are you out of your mind?!" and walks away angrily.  Now, as if I wasn't nervous enough, I have to perform and dance in front of a school with the thought of some teacher out there with a grudge against me.  And lately I was under way too much stress because I wasn't meditating or trying to relax, so basically I ended up crying a bit and being consoled by Sandy Sophomore(Sandy was double cast, the other's a senior).  But the show must go on, and I was being a doofus.  So I wiped my tears on someone's costume, pumped my fist determinedly, and when those curtains opened up, I smiled like an enthusiastic gangster and pelvic thrusted like no one's business!
Anyway, I had run into the teacher in my costume, so my only hope was to be as un-Grease-ish as possible around school, which was easy, since I'm not really a musical person(I do it for the comedy and the female dancers, if you catch my drift).  However, after only a couple of days, I was called out of my chemistry class, and who am I talking to, but THE TEACHER I RAN INTO!  So he interrupts my automatic apology and in a sickeningly good-natured way explains that we both could have handled the situation better, but it's important to be safe at school.  He then related a story of when he ran into a classroom and hit his head on the top of the doorway and got hurt, and said that accidents happen to everyone.  He must have noticed me staring at the floor like an ostrich, because he asked if I was OK and I said no because I was still really sorry about what happened, but he just dismissed it and said everything was fine between us.  I then went back into my classroom, threw up on a girl, and then her best friend punched me in the nose.  Just kidding, I walked back in and sat down, shaken about the encounter.
I guess many of you may think I'm a sissy for crying, being in a musical, or not throwing up on anyone during this story.  But let me tell you, there is nothing more emasculating than getting in trouble while wearing makeup and having your hair gelled back.  This story also serves as a warning: if you see the light, do NOT run from it.  Or maybe just be careful where you aim a spotlight.  So there!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:04:40 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »
I then went back into my classroom, threw up on a girl, and then her best friend punched me in the nose.  Just kidding ...

I lolled and rolled!

This is a story all about this one time I was at my best friend Mitchel's house. Me, him and a few other guys were playing touch football in the street. Afterwards we all just chilled out on the unsheltered concrete slab that served as a porch. We were all pretty tired and goofy at the moment from the prolonged running around, that sort of mood where anyone can say anything and everyone just laughs until they can't breath. It was a glorious day and we languished on the hard gray "porch" and laughed it up at absolutely nothing, it was a perfect day in the innocent days of my youth.

Then there was an unexpected event. We all heard a thunderous noise, and stopped laughing like maniacs for a moment; several fighter jets had just flown very low over the residential neighborhood. We were all of course used to the occasional thumping helicopter, but this was something unusual. Then there was Zak. He wanted to get a closer look, the rest of us were still in shock and just kind of sitting there, but Zak ran across the lawn to get a better view of the rapidly retreating hind ends of the jets. My pal Zak was never the brightest of the group, he wasn't real aware of his surroundings either; he was the kind of guy that would walk into a door frame or trip over his own feet for no real reason. Zak bolted into the street after he crossed the lawn.

Before any of us could even think he went from running to splayed out on a car's hood to laying on the street in the manner of a moment. All the good feeling of the day vanished in that moment. Me and Mitchel stopped staring in horror and ran up to Zak's unmoving form. The driver got out and said "Is he okay?! Oh God why did he run out into the road like that?". Then Zak's mom got scared and said You've moving with your auntie and uncle in belair! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. Okay, the tone of the story is completely wrong, I just did it to make the Belair less expected, my friend Zak did in fact get hit by a car in the fashion described, but in vast contrast to the mood presented, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:32:20 PM by TEM »

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
Aw, that's weird.  I'd always sort of wanted a car to come at me so I could jump up and land on its hood without getting hurt, like in The Next Karate Kid with Hilary S****.

I forgot to mention that I'm taking a class this year that the story's teacher most likely teaches every time.  Only if by luck will I not have him.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print