Print

Author Topic: Mario Pinball Land Manual Errors  (Read 3098 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: July 03, 2006, 03:22:21 PM »
I was looking through the Mario Pinball Land manual/instruction booklet for no reason at all and came across a big translation-related (I think) error. I looked through the errata TMK page and did not see the game on it at all, so I decided to list it here. On page 25, the enemy description of the Koopa says: "Hit Koopas once to flip them over. If you them him again to knock 'em out!" Based on the screwy word ordering, I'd guess this is a translation-related error from Japanese to English. Upon further inspection, there is a translational error on pages 7 and 8. P.7 says "...a special "Pinballer" squeezes you into ball..." instead of a ball, and P.8 says "If you want to delete your saved data, press and hold SELECT, and  the A Button, B Button, L Button, and R Button simultaneously..." instead of ...hold SELECT, and press...etc. On P.11, a sentence is missing an "s" when it says "Press the L and R Button simultaneously..." There are many, many more. I hope I'm not making an idiot out of myself by posting this if it's on TMK.

I also find it weird that at the bottom of page 25, it shows Pinball Mario confusing a snowman as he whooshes past, and the snowman isn't listed as an enemy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:42:22 PM by Mr.Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »
There are many, many more. I hope I'm not making an idiot out of myself by posting this if it's on TMK.

No no, I see 'em too. It's most likely because Mario Pinball Land wasn't one of Mario's big titles, and they didn't put a lot of effort into making the instruction booklet.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print