Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 395215 times)

« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2007, 07:12:32 PM »
I am all about the Puzzle Quest.

And The Orange Box and The War of the Lions eventually.

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2007, 07:13:51 PM »
Augh. The DS Final Fantasy Tactics needs to come out soon.

Mmmm... The Orange Box...

« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »
Finally got this last week's releases up.

I'm thinking I want Flash Focus if it can train me to be a super seeing machine, but not if it doesn't offer any training beyond what normal action games give me.

I'm also torn between which system to get Table Tennis for, since I'm sure the 360 original version is much more precise and strategic, but the Wii version has, you know, actual table tennis swinging.

Gate of Thunder on VC is the first Turbo CD title to hit the states, I think.

Hannah Montana: Music Jam actually looked really cool from vids I saw earlier. Seriously. Like a Jam Sessions with more instruments.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »
Sad thing that Jam Sessions is like guitar minus the usefulness.

Also, I wish that I had a 360 for Beautiful Katamari.

« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »
It doesn't sound like there's anything new worth writing home about in Beautiful Katamari. In fact, there appears to be no wacky cutscenes or anything, which is what made, particularly, We Love Katamari rock so hard. The announcer voice of the opening cutscene still melts me to butter.

Sure, I'll still probably pick it up at some point for some new Katamari levels and music, but I definitely would not pine for a 360 just to play it. (There are other reasons to pine for a 360.)

« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2007, 07:08:01 PM »
Talk to TEM. He bought Beautiful Katamari but said it wasn't as good as the first two. I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 minutes of the BK demo. But it was my first Katamari game. So maybe I should try to track down the impossibly-hard-to-find We <3 Katamari.

As for Table Tennis, based on my totally 360-biased opinion and total lack of research about the Wii version, I imagine the Wii version is a slightly more strategic form of Wii Sports Tennis. With the 360, you get reliable online play, achievements, quality graphics and possibly a more responsive albeit not perfect control scheme. The game gets really hard about halfway through, though, so it takes major huevos to actually beat the game on Expert or even Hard mode, and more huevos when you lose to the same freaking dude by two points for the umpteenth time. However I really enjoy the incredibly deep strategy to the game, and I recommend buying it no matter which version you choose.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »
Yeah, I want Halo 3 and Gears of War too.

« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2007, 08:23:01 PM »
I'm surprised we got another import VC game so quickly, even though it's something no one has ever heard of. But had anyone heard of Bloody Wolf either? The answer is no.

Dancing with the Stars and Rhythm 'n Notes both pull on my rhythm game strings, but are probably both boring.

Napoleon Dynamite intrigues me with "a hilarious story that picks up right where the movie left off" but scares me with "play 20 addictive mini-games".

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trails and Tribulations will of course be played eventually, but I'm still on case 5 of the first one!

Ratatouille sure took its sweet time getting to PS3 after its initial blitz.

When did King of Fighters stop using years and go to numbers?

Exit on XBLA sounds cool, but I am going to (uncharacteristically) check out the demo first.

The original Painkiller was a FPS masterpiece and I will definitely check out the sequel. Hopefully it will come to GameTap before I get the strong urge to buy it. Hmm, it says it's "A Prequel to the eventual Sequel". ...what? Also appears that a fan team of devs made it instead of the original devs. Whatever.

M&M's Kart Racing -- melts in your engine, not in your hand.

I really need to read A Clockwork Orange so I can finally freakin' watch the movie.

I really need to catch up on the Saws. I only saw the first and rate it either the best bad movie I've ever seen or the worst good one.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #233 on: October 22, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »
I feel bad 'cause I've already beaten Trials and Tribulations. But, I'll buy it, promise.
LD: You don't have to finish that tacked-on wannabe-important case to have beaten the first one.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »
But I really want to see how it ends up!

« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »
When did King of Fighters stop using years and go to numbers?

After 2003, when SNK didn't want to go the route of EA and create a yearly game. But XI has already been in the arcades for more than a year and Maximum Impact 2 used 2006 as its American subtitle.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2007, 12:01:46 AM »
Front Mission supposedly came out yesterday, by the way.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »
You need to add Wii to The Sims 2: Castaway.  It's okay so far, but would have been better with the Sims god-like mode where you could give your Sims multiple tasks and watch them do them.  Or possibly even better if it were more of a direct control adventure.  The as-is hybrid hurts the game-play in my opinion, but I haven't played much.

I'm looking forward to Zack and Wiki.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2007, 01:20:02 AM »
Obviously Guitar Hero III is the game to get this week.

Battalion Wars 2 has a really neat logo.

Stranglehold comes out finally for PS3. This game is really fun because you can shoot people in the crotch in zoomed-in bullet-following slow motion. It never gets old. I played the demo twice killing every enemy this way. I need to do it again.

I am staying far, far away from those VC games.

Nice to see a GBA game come out, even though it's Barbie as The Island Princess (maybe something for Maxine?).

Are they going to release a new complete Command & Conquer collection every time a new game comes out now? Perhaps in another decade we'll get a complete collection of collections edition!

I was going to buy The Simpsons Game based on stuff I read on the internet. But then I played the demo and am not going to buy it.

The Family Guy: Freakin Party Pack is an extremely good deal as far as TV show buying goes.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2007, 04:37:46 AM »
So Manhunt 2 finally comes out...

And I only have $15 right now, so no GHIII for me for awhile. ;(
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print