Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44700 times)

« on: February 17, 2009, 09:57:26 AM »
Hi as you may see in another post I love NSMB does anybody know or think that there will be a sequel for it???

Morton Koopa Jr

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
I don't exactly see a sequel coming up, but I think they might make a New Super Mario World. Either way, both would be great.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:25:31 AM »
That would be the best, plus DS's would sell out in no time!!
Morton Koopa Jr

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
I don't exactly see a sequel coming up, but I think they might make a New Super Mario World. Either way, both would be great.

NSMW = WIN.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:17:51 AM »
NSMW = WIN.
Seconded, I almost fell out of my chair after hearing the suggestion. I don't know what a new SMW would entail... but the first thing I thought of was that vivid commercial for SMW Advance. Either give me that, or Yoshi doing cool stuff, and then I'd be interested.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:34 AM »
I'd love to see a NSMW, because I don't believe SMW ever got a sequel that stayed true to the original.

What I'd like to see in the way of powerups are only the original powerups; as much I liked the Koopa Shell and Mini Mushroom, I can't say that I think they deserve a spot in any good remake of SMW. All the Yoshis and Switch Palaces (or possibly more) need to make a reoccurence, as well as a hidden Star and Special World, or something similar.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
YES GIVE US THE SAME THING WE ALREADY OWN

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
YES GIVE US THE SAME THING WE ALREADY OWN

Just like NSMB is the same thing as SMB.

@_@

But yeah, seeing a new game more inspired by SMW would seriously own, and could be done so well... I think NSMB just lacked a little something, to be honest, and I think that something could be found in a new Super Mario World.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »
Here's what I want to see:

-Console title, with SNES-style graphics (similar to Wind Waker)
-More disk space results in massive amounts of levels.
-If not massive amounts of levels, a level editor with all the trappings.
-As many different stage archetypes, power-ups, enemy drones and bosses from all the 2D Mario games as possible.
-Elements from all those games taken and switched up in ways we'd never expect.

Basically the same principle as what they did with the SMA4 e-reader levels.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 03:07:15 PM »
Man what was so great about Super Mario World? It's good, certainly, but ... geez.
Super Mario World didn't get a sequel ever, jdaster. Yoshi's Island is not really Super Mario World 2. Also, games used to improve on one another (see SMB->SMB2j->SMB3->SMW, although SMW didn't quite improve in a few areas) rather than "stay true" to the last one. NSMB is weird but it still has cool new stuff, and a game that just has stuff that SMW already had wouldn't be exciting.
I think Yoshi's Island is just about at the pinnacle of doing awesome stuff with old ideas, but it's been shown that Nintendo is too busy to make a good sequel to it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
I wouldn't mind a few updates, actually, on second thought; but I would like to at least see nearly everything from the first SMW intact. I am for practically everything the Chef said; particularly the idea of the level editor would appeal to me.

Improvements that could be made on NSMB, particularly:

2-player co-op play
A lot longer (150+ levels)
Many, many secrets (possibly even a la Mario Forever)
Many types of enemies, levels, and worlds

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »
Man what was so great about Super Mario World? It's good, certainly, but ... geez.

One of my favorite things about Super Mario World was the MAP SCREEN! What beauty!

The Super Mario Bros 3 Map Screen was forced, and the paths all led to basically the same place.

And the New Super Mario Bros Map was simply a straight block of land with a few curves, that all ended up in the same place, etc.

But the Super Mario World Map...so many paths...so many hard to find, hidden levels...

In my opinion, the Super Mario World Map is the best of em' all. If they make a New Super Mario World, they better not screw up the map.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 08:30:43 AM »
-Console title, with SNES-style graphics (similar to Wind Waker)
How were WW graphics like the SNES? Unless you mean how colorful they are...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Whoops.... I meant to say Four Swords Adventures. Silly me. <:D

Sqrt2

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 03:29:52 AM »

Improvements that could be made on NSMB, particularly:

2-player co-op play
A lot longer (150+ levels)
Many, many secrets (possibly even a la Mario Forever)
Many types of enemies, levels, and worlds

Also, a better saving system would be nice (instead of NSMB's retarded one).
AA fanboy and proud!

Print