Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145191 times)

« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
Don't worry, maybe it'll be true if we spam it on the next pic of the day.

Link to my update post on the last page since it was a kind of important one.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:11:06 PM by bobbysq1337 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »
GUESS WHO'S HAPPY
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »
Not Ridley supporters!

But yeah, when I saw that, my very first thought was "BP just got a new main."

edit: I'm surprised they still haven't said anything about a female Animal Crossing villager.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:06:59 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
They still haven't shown or even mentioned Ridley by name though....

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
I'd have preferred Greninja and Midna switched places here, but otherwise I'm the happiest I've been in weeks. Never was a vocal supporter of Ridley positively or negatively, but I can feel the MAD over Charizard from all the way over here. I like the idea of separate (online) modes; hopefully they'll actually work, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »
Ridley supporters are still in denial. "Maybe Sakurai is trolling!" "Maybe this is Other M Ridley and the playable one will be a different clone!" Maybe they're just not tearing off the bandaid fast and are trying as hard as they can to break it to you that he's not playable. Denial is painful enough and is only gonna set up for more disappointment later when you could just face the disappointment now. I am sympathetic about it and would probably be more upset if I were a bigger Metroid fan, I just feel like if they're this easy to disappoint and difficult to please, it's a bit deserved.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
I'm gonna miss R.O.B.

Also,
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:57 PM »
It doesn't make much sense to me that they'd be going out of their way to hide Ridley's presence and only kinda sorta imply that he's not playable only to come out and say he really isn't playable. That would be the biggest dick move they could possibly pull.

« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »
I am sort of surprised that they made Charizard his own character instead of having a new Pokemon Trainer, but it makes sense with ZSS and Shiek being their own characters as well.

« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »
Read that as 'Shrek'.

Darn.

Spoke to soon.

Kill me if I already posted this pic in another thread
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2014, 08:45:42 PM »
*kills Weegee*

« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
MARIOGUY HAS RETURNED
Relics.

« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2014, 10:07:26 PM »
Spoiler-y reactions:
Smash Run is literally the best thing.  Some guys at undergrad introduced me to Air Ride, and this is certainly the sequel it deserves.  Everything else they announced aside, that alone's more than enough to warrant a day-one purchase.  Greninja seems like a bit of an odd character choice, especially being revealed this early, but if they were going to put in a gen-six Pokémon, I suppose he's probably the best fit.  Interesting that there're apparently going to be at least a few Namco-related items/assists (Galaga ships, Rally-X's Special Flag), judging by the photos released since the presentation; I wonder what the odds of a Namco fighter are.

Overall, I like most of the changes they've announced to the existing characters; I can't say there's anything that really struck me as being a step back.  Also, not that I feel he's terribly unlikely to return, I really want to see some Ness footage already (and Lucas would be even better, as I am a bit skeptical of his chances of returning).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2014, 05:57:42 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot about Smash Run -- I am indeed inordinately psyched for that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2014, 06:25:19 AM »
I was only going to get the Wii U version, but I think I'll be getting the 3DS version too because of Smash Run and just the portability factor.

I would like to note that since Action Replay is available for 3DS, I think someone will be able to do some of the hex edits that add some Melee tactics to Brawl and the file patch code, making Project M for 3DS technically possible. (but unlikely since 3DS hacks aren't very common)

Print