Print

Author Topic: Is the Super Mario Bros. Deluxe cartridge's memory faulty?  (Read 9870 times)

« on: February 12, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
I was playing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and I was on level 8-4 of Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels/Super Mario Bros. for Super Players. I wanted to take a break so I turn it off. When I turned it back on the memory was completely blank. Is this just my game or is it just a problem in the game? It also happened at such a bad time.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »
Did you ever save your game?
I guess you had to. The battery could have gone bad. The cartridge might just be dirty though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
 I think carts designed for GBC may all have been a little faulty. My copies of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, AS WELL AS Link's Awakening DX have stopped working altogether. I got R-type DX used, so I don't know when that will act up. (or if.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »
I know from years of experience at work that all Pokemon games for GB and GBC have a horribly high rate of battery failure.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:23:41 AM »
Something simalar happened in Super Mario All Stars:The data on the game has probably deleted itself about 10 times. Now the A button won't respond and whenever I press B it holds it down, making Peach a lot harder to use.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
I was playing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and I was on level 8-4 of Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels/Super Mario Bros. for Super Players. I wanted to take a break so I turn it off. When I turned it back on the memory was completely blank. Is this just my game or is it just a problem in the game? It also happened at such a bad time.

It happens to my cart every time I save and then turn it off.  If I want to complete the game, I have to do it all in one sitting.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
I like how SMBDX is a more accurate port with a dead battery.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »
My original copy of Link's Awakening displays only the opening cutscene, title screen, and... animated sprites. I think I mentioned that before...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:45 PM »
This is related to the games not working disscusion:
I own a Famicom and the Disk System and it will not play Doki Doki Panic. It works about every 200th attempt. I keep getting a Disk Error. I think it's number 27.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »
I think your floppy disk is 20 years old, and 20-year-old floppy disks are known to fail, unfortunately.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »
Entropy claims yet another victim! :V

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »
Super Mario All-Stars has had problems with me too, notably deleting every non-B file every few months (why does it keep file B?); both of my copies of DX seem to work fine, though. (I'd be mad if I lost my neraly 2,000,000-point challenge mode score!)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
My All Stars cartridge, when it still worked, occasionally erased the memory on its own. My SMBDX has never wiped its own memory, so I don't know what to tell you.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
Super Mario All-Stars, especially the Super Mario Bros. 3 bank is particularity prone to self-deletion even on the Super Mario World version and for some reason also, the A and B controller scheme corrupts itself so that when you set it to scheme Type A, it sets itself to B during game play causing lots of deaths. The only way to fix the controller issue is to set it to Type A and move to different games and open and close their menus. What a monumentally dumb glitch.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »
Maybe you just aren't a super player.

Print