Print

Author Topic: Too old for certain Japanese manga or anime?  (Read 10722 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
Hardy Har Har. Will that stereotype ever cease?
What? That hentai exists?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »

Shhh! We must not speak of Hentai on a children's forum.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 11:25:39 PM »
What? That arousing anime/manga exists?
There we go.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »
There we go.

Isn't all anime/manga somewhat arousing?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 11:51:50 PM »
Some more than others.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:35 AM »
Listen: the majority of media panders to humans in such a way, some more than others.

EDIT: Upon further thinking, however, many late-night shows intentionally invoke this impression, some even making fun of themselves for doing it. You probably know what I'm talking about by this point: fanservice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:20:38 AM by Suffix »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 06:48:44 AM »
I'm not quite sure where you're going with those statements... I mean, I think I do; it's just that that seems so obvious that I think there's some sort of underlying point I can't grasp. So anime/manga frequently has arousing stuff in it because... people like that sort of thing? Duh. Japanese comic book artists aren't drawing girls with basketball-sized breasts because it enhances the plot (well, not that kind of "plot", at least).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 07:50:41 AM »
Isn't all anime/manga somewhat arousing?

I find the Gundam manga the most arousing.
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »
Short Answer: No.

Medium answer: Some people wll try to convince you otherwise. Ignore them; they are idiots.

Longer answer: When I was about 16-17 I wanted to get some Mario game, I'm not sure which one (I forgot) and I asked for it and the clerk went "Aren't you too old for Mario?" I replied "Oh, I guess you're right" and walked out of the store, and bought the game from the store across the street instead.
~I.S.~

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »
Hey, I still watch superhero cartoons and Ninja Turtles, and I'm not ashamed. If you like it, there's no problem with enjoying it. Unless you still enjoy Barney or something. :P

Sigh, I knew this topic would go in that dirrection as soon as I read the title. >_>
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
I still like Care Bears. Well, not so much lately after their redesign last year-ish...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
Hey, I still watch superhero cartoons and Ninja Turtles, and I'm not ashamed. If you like it, there's no problem with enjoying it. Unless you still enjoy Barney or something. :P

Sigh, I knew this topic would go in that dirrection as soon as I read the title. >_>

And now we're on the edge of discussing Barney hentai. Thanks a lot.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »
And the winner of the "Two Words I Never Thought I'd Hear in the Same Sentence" contest goes to...

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »
"Ernie & the Muppets Take It All Off is perhaps the only known ROM hack to date that has received a Cease and Desist Letter." enters for a last minute nomination, although is disqualified for not having any two particularly dissonant words.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone. Everything went just swell yesterday at B&N. :)

Print