Print

Author Topic: 2012: The Truth!  (Read 15215 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
Sho Minamimoto was obsessed with math. He didn't have time for plant biology, even rudimentary stuff like that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:27:31 PM by WarpRattler »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 06:30:55 PM »
Only apple trees.
When otherwise... it is the end of the world.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »
The world isn't going to "end" for another few billion years, guys.

Are you refering to living things or to the actual world?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:41:56 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
MushroomJunkie...please don't. Please don't start a religious argument.

EDIT: Wasn't looking forward to participating in that. Also, he's referring to the actual planet, not human civilization.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:53:09 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »
Thats all I wanted to know!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »
It doesn't even matter.

The world isn't going to "end" for another few billion years, guys.

Also this is funnnnnnnnnny hahahahahahahahaha.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
The world is going to end someday, as will the human race. Personally, I think it'll end when God wants it to, but this is just one opinion. From a scientific point of view, global warming or an asteroid will wipe us out, but a super volcano is also likely (this might not wipe out the entire human race). The actual Earth will end when the Sun expands and becomes a Super Giant, unless something totally weird happens before that (a blackhole could make its way into the Solar System).

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:29:53 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
I think it'll end when God wants it to

I agree with what you said their PL "it'll end when God wants it to".  But  if you read the Bible (which I'm sure you do) it says clearly what will happen in Revelations.  It's too much to go into here so I'm gonna leave it at that.

(not trying to start any arguments here, just agreeing with PL)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »
I don't care when the world ends. I mean, if it takes me with it, it's no big deal--it's not like I would have been able to do anything with my life if I survived the end of the world, because there'd be nowhere to do it, no one to do it for. It'd probably be pretty scary, as long as it was happening and I hadn't gone yet. But I doubt I'll be around when it happens anyway. Humanity will probably end first, and I hope I don't have to see that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
I only want the world to end while I'm alive if:

1) I've already lived a full life
2) It ends in a srsly pwnsome way, like a Covenant invasion or zombie pandemic or some such
3) It turns out there actually is an afterlife so I can brag that I died in the end of the world

Also,

Sho Minamimoto was obsessed with math. He didn't have time for plant biology, even rudimentary stuff like that.

WP is my new bestest friend.
every

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »
Heh.. that second website seems to be nicely prepared for the end of the world: most of the links at the bottom of the page are broken.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
I'm currently leaning towards the theory that the world will end via a giant volcanic explosion. I once saw a special on NOVA about how there is a huge amount of lava building up under the surface of the earth, which very well could be released in the next few hundred years. This kind of seismic explosion, which I believe would be equivilant to thousands of volcanoes going off at the same time, would probably incinerate the entire surface of the earth, and might even cause the earth's structure to decay. Whatever the case, the earth will be destroyed.

Personally, I think this is much more likely than an asteroid collision, both scientifically and spiritualy. Scientifically, because there still is little likelyhood that an asteroid will hit the earth in any reasonable period of time. Spiritually, because since I don't believe the earth will be destroyed by a flood again, a fire related destruction makes a lot more sense.

(Note: like the others, I'm not trying to start a discussion about theology - this is just my personal opinion and doesn't need to be turned into a huge debate with multiple sides. :P )
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
I'm not sure that's the way to avoid one.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »
I think it's ironic that this thread was kind of supposed to dispel one of the largest end-of-the-world theories... and now the apocalypse, by any means, is all anyone can talk about.

Then again, maybe that's not too ironic, but something about it irks me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
since I don't believe the earth will be destroyed by a flood again

I didn't realize the earth can be destroyed twice.
every

Print