Print

Author Topic: Winter 2008 ADVANCED Poster Awards  (Read 31026 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »
Well, someone really should tally-up the votes. I'm not getting any younger.

Ehhh, neither am I!
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »
At this point, fancy pictures don't matter, just a post telling who won will be fine.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2009, 05:46:33 AM »
At this point, the pictures better be really freakin' fancy. Especially the Glorb Award.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »

Come on. Really?
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2009, 10:58:19 PM »
Here's my pretty accurate count, spoilered just in case:

Poster of the Year: Bird Person in a landslide, then Lizard Dude, Kojinka, Glorb, and me tied for runner-up.
Topic of the Year: Post Your Brawl Pics Here, with Tape Type, Super Mario Streetlamps For Legs, and What Is Up With These Ads tied for runner-up.
Post of the Year: PaperLuigi's farewell, with Suds Bon Nenoi, Glorb's bathroom rap, and the Super Teenage Mario Heartthrob Text-Based Adventure in a three-way close second.
Most Productive Poster: Chupperson Weird in first, me in second.
Smartest Poster: MEGAߥTE in first, me in a close second.
Funniest Poster: Glorb in a landslide, Bird Person in second.
Most Creative Poster: Super Caterina! in first, Bird Person second.
The WTD Award: MushroomJunkie wins, Lizard Dude and ShadowBrian tied for first loser.
Most Missed: The since-returned PaperLuigi in a landslide, Super-Jesse in a distant second.
Best New Member: ...is Count Bleck. Then FlamingBlueMardio.
Deezer Award: Deezer in first, Sapphira in second.

Someone else can make the pictures. Or I might if I have some free time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2009, 06:21:32 AM »
Oh, and you forgot one award.

Best Award Team in FF History Koopaslaya and Sapphira.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
I'll be a happy man if my bathroom rap wins POTY, cos I spit that straight off the dome, son.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2009, 11:40:29 AM »
It's June, maybe this thread should be unstickied.

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
It's June, maybe the people who jacked these awards from Koopaslaya and ran them into the ground should tabulate the results.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »
Man, I forgot this still hadn't been officially done... I think I just took CE7's tabulations back in March as the real deal.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
Dude Glorb, whatever, your rap flowed about as much as Max Vance's toilet.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »
I've never seen a diss that took that long to gestate.

And yeah, I consider CE's word to be truth, mostly because if I were to make a list they'd all have me in first place.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2009, 05:23:06 AM »
All right, I'm doing it myself.

Poster of the Year

For the threeth year in a row, Bird Person is the best poster.

In the first of many ties, Lizard Dude, Kojinka, Glorb, and I are all fighting for second place.

Topic of the Year

Home to some of the greatest pieces of humor and creativity in recent memory, Post Your Brawl Pics Here is 2008's best topic.

In a close second are the refreshingly simple Tape Type, the bafflingly mesmerizing Super Mario Streetlamps For Legs, and the always entertaining What Is Up With These Ads, the topic that, among other things, gave rise to the short-lived and ill-advised ShadowBrian's Harem.

Post of the Year

A woefully belated award goes to the now-returned PaperLuigi's farewell post.

On a lighter note were the Suds Ben Nenoi revelation and two of Glorb's lengthier replies, the Bathroom Rap and the Super Teenage Mario Heartthrob Text-Based Adventure.

Most Productive Poster

He's made over 10,000 posts, and clearly some people think there was some content in them.

Smartest Poster

He's forgotten more about Mario, math, and other things that start with M than you'll ever know. And he never forgets.

how did this get here i am not good with brain

Funniest Poster

After winning a WTD award in 2006 and a CT award in 2007, Glorb has finally won the Funniest Poster Award he deserves.

But now that BP has a webcomic, anyone else who wants this award better watch themselves.

Most Creative Poster

With some of the greatest use of color and most expressiony character I've seen in a while, the lovely Super Caterina! wins the Most Creative Award handily.

And let's not forget BP, who is now extending his artistic tendrils into the noble art of texture hacking.

The WTD Award

He made us say "Hm?" and then made us say "Wait..." and even made us say "NO!" but most of all... he made us say "WTD?"

"WTD?"

Most Missed

His absence was brief, but painful.

There's a news-shaped hole in my heart that only Super-Jesse can fill. Fill me, Jesse. Come back and fill me up.

Best Newbie

The best newbie... was Count Bleck. I haven't seen him around in a while, but he was a lot of fun while he lasted, and will always be welcome here.

He's got a weird name and he's always got something nice to say. That's all we look for in a member.

The Deezer Award

He lets you visit his site for free, and the children say he could laugh and play all the way through Mario 3. Mario 1 and 2, also.

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

EDIT: Frig, those should say 2008, not 2009. How did I not catch that sooner? If you keep a copy of one, go ahead and MS Paint an 8 over top of the 9. Well, at least I won't have to change that part of the XCF file if I do this next year (I'm open to it).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:55:20 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2009, 06:36:40 AM »
Ballin'.
every

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2009, 06:51:15 AM »
I can't wait for the winter 2009 ADVANCED Poster Awards :DDD

And thanks to those who voted for me. :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:11:58 PM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print