Print

Author Topic: SEASONAL SONG SHOWDOWN  (Read 2770 times)

« on: December 18, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
Clearly the best Christmas song is "Sleigh Ride". It is about 2.3 times as good as any other Christmas tune. But what do you think?

My favorite of the hymns is "Joy to the World".

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »
What's "Sleigh Ride"?

Anyway I've always liked "Silent night"

in before "Deezer the snowman"
"it's always the present"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
My favorite Christmas songs are Blizzard's Twelve Days of Christmas and The Christmas Song. No real favorite hymn.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
This.

For more traditional fare, O Holy Night, Hark the Herald Angels, We Three Kings, pretty much any of the standard ones that officious worship leaders only let you sing the first, third, and fifth verses of, often ruining the meaning of the song. Seriously, I wait all year to sing these songs and I want to sing them! To heck with the impatient people!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »
Oh god, I haven't listened to that in ages. Best Christmas-related OCRemix ever.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:48:26 PM »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:10 AM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
I downloaded that Mario Christmas one a bit back and... it's okay. As for "traditional" Christmas songs, I'm a little shocked to now realize I don't have any favorites. I mean, there's songs I'll listen to if they're already playing on the radio, and songs I unconsciously whistle while trimming the tree, etc., but not really anything I'd seek out.

On a somewhat related topic, I wrote--and have continued modifying--a "Christmas song" (only because it's to the tune of "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing") a few years back. I will not, however, post it, as it is a collaboration, a la one of those "We Didn't Start the Fire" parodies, encompassing all of my friends' and my (oft-crude) in-jokes. I would be more worried if you understood any of it than if you didn't.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print