Print

Author Topic: Anything you want to talk about.  (Read 7700 times)

« on: January 01, 2003, 05:25:50 PM »
Waz up.start posts on whatever you want to post about.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 09:21:59 PM »
Your name looks a lot like Salamando. That's the named signed at the bottom of the second message in the Dec. 16th Mailbag.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 09:22:17 PM »
I want to talk about Starfox. That is all for now. :-D
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 06:22:50 PM »
Watoad are you my neighbor because the mailbag is the only reason he comes to this website.Ok the first topic is Starfox.Starfox is awsome and so is Falco.In super smash bothers melee they have the same moves on the same contols.What do you guys want to say about fox.And remember invite all your friends so this area gets popular.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 06:38:10 PM »
I have met Salamando (online).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 11:37:33 PM »
Uhh... what I want to say about Fox is that in SSBM he has the wrong voice, blue eyes, and whiskers. this is all incorrect. Falco's voice is wrong too, but that's not what I'm talking about. Fox is still cool in SSBM, but his SFA render is better. End of editorial. :-D
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 10:58:34 PM »
Falco on SSBm sunds like a french poet!I actually think Fox McCloud sounds good on SSBM.

King of Pink, That's Me!
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 12:05:15 AM »
In the parts where Steve Malpass is his voice, he sounds good. (Steve Malpass is Fox's voice in Starfox Adventures.) In the parts where that Japanese dude (I forgot his name) does Fox's voice, he sounds fat and phlegmish, in my opinion.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2003, 06:51:03 PM »
This is Salamando. I am the one that Watoad speaks of. I host the Nsider Trivia on weekdays. Do you know me, Salamandra? Watoad informed me that you had posted here, so I thought I'd check it out. Our names ARE similar, eh?
That is all.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2003, 09:52:46 PM »
Hey, Salamando! It's nice to see you here! Maybe Salamandra will do some explaining when and if she (I'm assuming this person's female) sees your post. When she said, "the mailbag is the only reason he comes to this website," I figured she must know you. But you don't seem to know her. Strange. Very strange.

In case you have any doubt, let me tell you that I am indeed the one you know as mariobros. I posted a topic about this earlier, and it can be found at:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/topic.asp?topic_id=70822&forum_id=1058

Talk to you later, either here or at the Nsider!
[For those of you who don't know, Nsider is the part of Nintendo.com that contains Nintendo's chat rooms.]

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 07:22:53 PM »
Watoad sorry for the mix up I talked to my neighbor and he told me his real username.Also im male,he not female,she.whats up salamandro.So do any of you guys like Kingdom Hearts or Fanal Fantasy X?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2003, 01:02:42 AM »
I would probably like them if not for the fact that I haven't played them. I wish Square would wise up and release them on GCN.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2003, 05:22:54 PM »
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is coming to the GCN, at least. The screen shots of that game look sweet!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2003, 10:49:30 PM »
 I am not sure "wise up" would be my choice of words, but I think your point is clear.

In my opinion, I think it would be worse, if Square chose the GCN to be it's main console, as opposed to the PS2. Now, don't get me wrong, I own a GCN, and do not own a PS2. Also, I am a rather large Final Fantasy fan, however, from what I gather, the majority of FF fans do own PS2s, as it's already been established on the Playstation.

One could argue, however, that Final Fantasy has been established on Nintendo systems as well. However, it has been many years, 6 if I recall, since a Squaresoft came has been released on a Nintendo system. It has also been said that the two companies did not get along very well, and many of the newer fans have only been introduced to FF VII onward. No matter how much of a shame it is that these people had missed out on the higher quality Final Fantasies, spare VII, or the fact that they probably only care about the "awesome graphics," the majoirty of the current fanbase is in the mindset that FF is a Playstation series.
 Many scoff at the fact that FF:CC will be released on the GCN, which I do not find justified. Nor do I find calling Square's decision to remain generally a Playstation company any more appropriate. But, this is just the ramblings of a disgruntled gamer. Feh.

As for liking Final Fantasy X, I DEFINITELY liked it, that is, if I was to like unorigional characters, plot, mediocre voice acting, and a re-hash of the [terrible] junctioning system of FFVIII. Not to mention the graphics. Oh my, were they ever excellent. Now if only I could be like the other half of the crowd and actually care about them. It seems Square is drifting to the level of many other companies, where Graphics become the number one priority.
 Why, one person in my school wouldn't play Final Fantasy Tactics because of its "poor" graphics. That is exactly the mind-set I'm opposed to. That particular person is missing out on an astonishing game. Just because it doesn't run 100,000,000 polygons a second, or a few hour long summons, it's probably better than any game released in the last two or even three years. However, I digress.

Also, I prefered Star Fox's Japanese voice in SSBM. If you ask me, I'd say, in general, Japanese voice actors are much more talented than English ones. But, this is coming from a huge anime fan. So, meh.

----I'd like to say these are all my opinions. If you disagree with them, tough bannanas. Feel free to disagree with them, I don't mind. Hell, even express your opinion on them, or even debate. I don't care. However, if I offended you, because you tend to cater towards graphics in games, that's too bad. You deserve what you get. (Not that there is anything too offensive in there) Good day.-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2003, 11:14:21 PM »
Well, I'm an abnormally large fan of SFA, so I prefer Steve Malpass's voice over ... that Japanese dude who I forgot his name. But then, Malpass isn't American.
That's not to say I don't like the Japanese guy's Fox voice, he's fine for grunts and yells and stuff, but when he says "Mission complete," he sounds like he's from the Bayou. And Falco says Mission compRete.
What's really scary, is I think I'm developing a Lylatian accent.

This is "anything you want to talk about", right? Well... my hair is about three feet long. Heheh.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/25/2003 9:34:01 PM
That was a joke.

Print