Print

Author Topic: PS3 will fail...  (Read 5746 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 13, 2003, 10:11:03 AM »
I posted this at the n-archives.com Nintelligent forums:

PS3 will not meet Sony's expectations. The new "Cell" chip processing technology that is being built into the PlayStation 3 hardware is far too advanced for game developers to fully program for. I read something at another gaming website that said EA was predicting a lack of good games for the PS3 due to the difficulty of programing for the Cell chip proccessor.

Also, all of these multimedia enhancements that Sony is talking about for the PS3 are ridiculous. I'm not going to buy a gaming system to play DVDs or download TV shows. I only want a gaming system for *gasp!* GAMES! If I wanted a DVD player, I'll buy one seperatly. If I wanted to download TV shows, I'll buy a TiVO or WebTV. All these extra features that are going to be incorporated into the PS3 are useless. Sony is simply milking the public for their ignorance and is trying to hype up the PS3 the same way they hyped up the PS2...

That's why I never supported the PlayStation in the first place! That's why I only like traditional gaming systems that are strictly for video games! That's why I only like Nintnedo out of the three competitors (Sony Microsoft Nintendo). Nintendo is focused on making gaming systems strictly for video games, and nothing else!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 09:21:46 PM »
Right on all counts, my friend.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 06:12:01 PM »
You see, this is not just buying a gaming system.  Oh no, it is a crusade to destroy the evil within these corrupt companies. (Macrohard and PS2)

See, it's like this:

The Good: Nintendo

The Bad: PS2

The Ugly: Xbox
 n/a

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 03:32:18 AM »
Yup even the PS2 was hard too program on, this maybe cause the death of playstation.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:16 PM »
The PS2 was very difficult to program for, and it's still getting the most support from companies and is the most popular of the three systems. Explain why that is so, will you...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:17 PM »
The PS2 was very difficult to program for, and it's still getting the most support from companies and is the most popular of the three systems. Explain why that is so, will you...

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:19 PM »

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:20 PM »

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:22 PM »

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:23 PM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 08:51:37 PM »
While we're at it, YOU explain why you posted 6 of the same message.

I don't understand you. You claim not to like PlayStation, and yet you always argue in favor of it. Make up your mind already.

And it's because PS2 came out a year early, duh. If all the 128-bit systems had come out at once, there wouldn't have been so much support for PS2. But since there was no alternative at the time, most third-party developers decided to go through the hassle of programming for it.
Look. PS2 is getting about the same amount of support as everyone else now. All this stuff I hear about PS2 getting more support and more users and junk is cumulative, not constant.

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2003, 12:41:30 PM »
Sorry, the server I was on was very slow so I was getting impatient with the length of time it tok to post my previous messages...

Anyway, I was never in favor of Sony. I don't really like their PlayStation systems, but I still realise that they are the most successful company in the video game business. I feel that Nintendo could learn from Sony's marketing strategies and hopefully improve on their own mediocre advertising...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2003, 11:55:29 PM »
Give me a break.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 11:58:22 PM »
"If I wanted to download TV shows, I'll buy a TiVO or WebTV."

If I could buy TiVO or WebTV, I WOULD!

What you don't realize about TiVO and WebTV is that they are satellite dish ONLY! My family does not have the money for a dish, and therefore, cannot get TiVO or WebTV. THIS is why downloading TV shows is a feature on PS3!

And here's the reason for the chip: Take a game like Dynasty Warriors 4, then multiply it by ten. Extremely realistic graphics, and a PS3 RPG can be ten times longer than a PS2 RPG.

Don't get me wrong. My favorite system of the current three is still the GameCube, and the next Nintendo system will probably be my favorite in the 512-bit wars.

BTW, shouldn't this go in General chat!?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 4/4/2003 10:00:19 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2003, 09:54:10 PM »
Yes, almost all of Mario Maniac's threads should be in General Chat.

And what about 256-bit systems? 512 would come after that.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Print