Print

Author Topic: Where are the brothas?  (Read 3265 times)

« on: December 03, 2000, 01:16:50 AM »
That's right, I want to know what the hell happened to the Hammer Bros.  They seem to have just sort of dissappeared along with the Koopa Kids and Wart into a black hole or something.

Did anyone else think these guys were cool?  They've gotta be my favorite members of the Koopa Army.  I remember waaay back when I was little, playing Mario Bros. 1 and 3 on the NES and a pair of Hammer Bros. would cross my path, almost definitely the words "Oh, s--t" were running through my mind.  Mainly becuase I wasn't quite slick (or patient) enough to out-manuever their projectiles.

Either way, I love(d) those guys (they looked really cool in Mario RPG), but they seem to be thinning out at a rather disturbing rate. . . any thoughts?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2000, 07:46:12 PM »
A lot of older characters like the Hammer Brothers are thinning out in appearances lately.  Although, come to think of it Mario 64 is the only Mario adventure game released after Mario RPG (that I can think of).  Maybe the Mario team has something up their sleeves for the more powerful Game Cube in the line of enemies.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2000, 11:39:32 AM »
Even in 3 i thought the hammer bros we're starting to look lame. I did think they were cool in 1 though, as far as wart goes hes always been one of my favorites, but if you are going to include wart, than everything else that comes with Mario 2 has to be included, what about mouser and clawgrip or whatever his name is? All very cool,...and all very easy, think that might be a factor? Prob. not.

Lets here it for the old school mario games!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2000, 03:54:29 PM »
I'm not really that concerned with the Hammer Bros., but the Boomerang Bros....they're just cool!  What do you mean the Bros. were looking lame in "Super Mario Bros.3?"  That's their best game.  They got their own levels!

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2000, 11:02:33 AM »
I would say that Yoshi's Safari is as close thing to a 3D game as the Hammer Bros. are going to be in. I say that because one of the most annoying things about using 3rd person perspective in a 3d game is trying to avoid projectiles.

Yoshi's Safari was a good portal of the types of Hammer Bros. in SMB3, but I wish they had included the Fire Bros.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2000, 03:21:05 PM »
The Fire Bros. were just cool!

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2000, 09:04:49 AM »
The Hammer Brothers were used as recently as Mario Party (are they in the sequels?) and the Game + Watch games. They're hardly neglected... they didn't appear in Yoshi's Story (but neither did Koopa Troopas or Goombas :p) and they didn't appear in SM64 (but that was the last PROPER Mario adventure game) - and before that they were in abundance. I wouldn't limit the neglect to the Hammer Brothers alone, they've been around just as much as most of the other enemies and characters have in recent years.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2000, 01:05:34 PM »
The Koopas that have REALLY been forgotten are the Spikes.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2000, 11:27:41 PM »
And Fire Bros., and Boomerang Brothers...
Super Mario Bros. 3 was the cooler Mario game.
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

Print