Print

Author Topic: Weird Theory  (Read 5441 times)

« on: April 14, 2001, 05:03:02 PM »
What ever happened to Pauline?  Where did this Captain Syrup come from?

You probably know what I'm going to say already but keep reading anyway.  Here's my theory:  After being ditched by Mario, Pauline got ****ed off and went after him (down the pipes that is).  She never did find Mario, and her disposition only got worse.  Eventually, she amassed a cult of followers (her gang of pirates) and started going by the alias Captain Syrup.  She ran into Wario, and, thinking that the trip down the tubes did a number on Mario's outward appearance, she started making Wario's life a living h -- uh, "heck."

Obviously this is a big load of crap, but its kind of fun to think about.  What do you think?

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2001, 06:19:54 PM »
What if "Pauline" was just an alias that Princess Toadstool used in our world?  : )

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2001, 06:36:28 PM »
Hmmm,Perhaps.
Sig...
------------------------------
Small Console = Big Ballz

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2001, 08:43:41 PM »
I'd hate to be the one to break the news to you, but it's a false theory. If you read up on Nintendo news, you'll see Pauline is very different from Princess (just compare the Donkey Kong for Game Boy cover to Peach, or see a picture of Mario Tennis). As for Captain Syrup, I think it's clear that Pauline is not Captain Syrup in surprise. If you do want some things to think about, though, check out my posts in the topic "Yoshi! Yoshi!" They include some intelligent postings by me, like how evil can be a good thing, with the statements to make yourself a believer.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2001, 08:45:13 PM »
I probably shouldn't have said that. I realize that it's one of those topics where you were having fun talking about whatever, and if I interrupted the fun, then I take it back. I've seen other forums where people talk about the stupidest things. But it's all fun to them, and there's nothing wrong with that.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2001, 11:24:47 PM »
Well, PenguinWizard, what info do you have backing up the idea that Pauline and Cap'n Syrup aren't one in the same?  Have you ever seen them in the same picture at the same time??  Oooh, got you there! :D

BTW- Like I said, this is all BS, but fun, Mario-related BS.

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2001, 09:08:57 PM »
Actually, I'm Pauline. Don't tell anyone!
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2001, 09:35:07 PM »
:D

Are you Cap'n Syrup, too?

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2001, 01:57:23 PM »
Interesting threory, though I don't think so, personally.

Just a related note--I really like the character of Captain Syrup.  I think it's cool that Wario has someone to compete with when it comes to greed and power!  It's evil vs. evil!  Oh, I guess he has Rudy, the Evil Clown from WL3, too.

And I think Pauline broke up with Mario, myself.  While she loved him for saving her from DK, she had a premonition that Mario would go on to have more dangerous adventures, and decided to call it off.  Thet remained freinds, though she wonders where he's gone off to.  He hasn't been seen in Brooklyn for quite some time...

Well, I got a little off the point, so I'll bring it back now.  Are Pauline and Cap'n Syrup the same person?  We may never know for sure...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2001, 05:07:15 PM »
Personally, I don't care for Pauline anymore.But it would be cool to make a story about Pauline returing and then Peach and Pauline get ina cafight over Mario while Luigi happily walks away with Daisy. and Wario has more trouble in Dr. Mario 64, a great new way to pull up the classic game(I just got it, its great!)But Pauline as the Cap'n(now I want cereal), weird, but its definely BS.

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2001, 07:46:46 PM »
Roy Koopa- I think Cap'n Syrup is a cool character, too.  Its about time the Mario world has a female villian!  Where did you find the Evil Clown's name was Rudy, though?  I sent an e-mail to Nintendo, and they just told me that sometimes characters just kind of go nameless.

KinipioToad- You've already got Dr. Mario 64!?  I didn't even know it was out yet!  So, how is Wario involved?

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2001, 09:32:30 AM »
Billy Chilly, your two comments are actually related.  In Dr. Mario 64, there is a story mode that has a bunch of WL3 bad guys to play against (either as Dr. Mario or Wario), including Mad Scienstein, Hammer bot, and Spearhead.  The last guy in the story mode is the Evil Clown from Wario Land 3, and they call him Rudy. He's smaller, but definetly the same Evil Clown. That's how I know his name.

Could we be seeing more of Rudy the Evil Clown?  Will Captain Syrup enlist his help to fight Wario in WL4?  Only time will tell.

Talk to ya later.
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2001, 12:51:43 PM »
Billy Chilly, I think Dr. Mario 64 came out on April 9th, and Rudy is what he's called in Dr.Mario 64, but he's a clown?He looked like a monster to me(I've never played any Wario Land, I just know a lot about the games)I hope I can get the next Wario Land, but maybe it will be for Advance....

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2001, 05:27:38 PM »
I don't know about this Rudy guy.  Sure he's cool and everything, but it almost looks like he's trying to up and replace Cap'n Syrup altogether.  The Cap'n better regain her status as villian before its too late.  I definitley don't want Cap'n Syrup to go the way of the Koopa Kids and Tatanga. . .

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2001, 12:50:21 PM »
Can someone tell me what game Captain Syrup was in?
"..."

Print