Muslim
1 (1.8%)
Other (Please Explain)
9 (16.4%)
Atheist
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: What's Your Religion?  (Read 130117 times)

« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »
PL: Just... don't go superstarMASIAH on us. It's more than a mere coincidence that his life fell apart just as he lost his faith. He's apparently picked up the pieces by now, but it's still painful to see.

Implying that all people who aren't Christians have screwed up lives.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2010, 12:00:25 AM »
I tried to pretend that I wasn't loosing my faith. Some of you may notice that after I embraced agnosticism in 2009 that I said that I was still a theist in ensuing posts to please my friends and family. But I can't pretend anymore. I have lost my faith and will probably never regain it.

That said, I am much happier.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
I'm sorry you feel that way.  Very sorry, in fact.  It's like watching a bullet come at you in slow motion without your seeing it.

I also question how Turtlekid1 can be a Christian and a furry on the basis of sexual desire for Inspector Fox.
Do you think I might have been completely serious?  I suppose sarcasm is hard to get across when online.  I mean, yeah, if you design a character like that, the only difference between said character and a real woman being (other than exaggerated proportions) animal ears and a tail, of course the general reaction would be "she's hot."  It's one thing to think such a thing is attractive, and another to actually have sexual desire for it.  I can assure you, the former was the case; sorry if I didn't make that clear.

No, it's not a shame. Irreligiosity rocks.

If it's good enough for the likes of Carl Sagan, Ben Franklin and Albert Einstein...
But not for Sir Francis Bacon, Sir Isaac Newton, Lord Kelvin, or Chuck Norris.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
Chuck Norris is an idiot, Issac Newton was private about his faith, and Bacon was a pederast.

I'll give you Lord Kelvin though.

« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »
I may have lived a screwed up life, but I lived fast and on the edge.  I've lived a life most people would only see in a movie or read about in a book.  And if that isn't a testament to something, I don't know what is.  I don't regret anything, and I don't look back.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
No matter how you shrug off our concerns, I'm sorry for you as well.

Turtlekid1, for a Christian, you sure are naughty. :/

We're Christians, not prudes. Relating to Black Mage's inquiry towards myself, the key concept is that you be "in the world, but not of it". See also John 17:15. Know your limits, and don't take anything /b/ says too seriously. Having throughly Christian friends who listen to Satanist metal, get drunk every weekend and draw penises on the class announcement board, keeping my connections with questionale online communities doesn't feel like too great a challenge.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »
The plural is "penes."

« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
Google it. Both are correct.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:51 PM »
If a word satisfactorily conveys the meaning you wanted to convey to the audience you wanted to convey it to, especially in a language like English where there's no official governing body, it's correct.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »
No matter how you shrug off our concerns, I'm sorry for you as well.

I don't need anybodies pity, especially not from a boy who's still in school.  Believe it or not your still stuck in life's womb called highschool.  I used to be just like you, thought I knew how everything in life works.  Trust me, its a whole different life outside of school.
I only watch [adult swim]

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #355 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »
Weegee, "they," "them," and "their" as singular pronouns are also technically correct, but would you ever use them in that way?

On topic, I suppose my statement earlier in this thread regarding my religion is only technically correct as well.

« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2010, 07:35:15 PM »
Last note about our linguistical discussion regarding the plural form of penis: Numerous dictionaries cite both aforementioned pluralizations as being correct, but whatever.

MASIAH, you speak as though one has absolutely no control over the choices one makes in life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »
Well, if you really wanna get into Calvinism, I could probably go a few rounds.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »
There's obviously no God, but it does get one thing right: predestination. Free will is an illusion. All organisms are nothing but complicated moist robots following their programming. And they, along with everything else, always act according to the laws of physics.

But it doesn't matter. Embrace the illusion! What else is there to do? :)

« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2010, 11:49:28 PM »
Let's not, TK. I was simply stating that getting into [dukar] is avoidable if one uses proper judgement.

Print