Print

Author Topic: Re: "painful unfunnyness" split from "Your favorite healthy foods"  (Read 5679 times)

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:51 PM »
People
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:27:03 AM by Luigison »
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
This painful unfunnyness needs to stop. Like, right now.

Hate being blunt, but some people are just funny, and some people aren't, and shouldn't try to be.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
On the contrary Vidgmchtr. You see, no mortal is to judge if something is funny or not because no one actually knows what funny is. You may think that something isn't funny but others may, but no one knows if it really is or not all together.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »
Which explains why some people found Freddy got Fingered funny.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »
Right.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
"it's always the present"

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 10:32:28 PM »
This painful unfunnyness needs to stop. Like, right now.

Hate being blunt, but some people are just funny, and some people aren't, and shouldn't try to be.

Vid, were you, perchance, molested by funny as a child?
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:06 PM »
Ahahaha. *cough*

There's relevant attempts at humor, and there's irrelevant (see: any reference to YTPs). "Healthy food is people!" was a relevant attempt at humor, and I nearly laughed. If I had not thought of Soylent Green at the time, though, I would have just rolled my eyes.

Thus, I'm fine with Johnny making himself into a clown if he does a decent job.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:54:41 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:47 AM »
...-_-

Anyway, I do believe that there are people who are funny, and people who are not. People who ARE funny probably have it a bit better, because even if they know they are or they don't, hey, they're still funny. Embrace the gift.

People who are not funny can't really be taught how to be funny, and I'm not a big fan of people saying you can learn to be. If people who aren't funny don't try to be funny, I have no problem with this, but if they do, the reaction usually just ends up being painfully awkward to the person and others, even more so if the person persists on trying to get laughs the same way later on.

Maybe it REALLY is just me, because I've not laughed at tons of jokes made by various regulars here, the quote of Glorb's in my post included, and I've ANGSTed about it in other places on how said people aren't making me laugh with the jokes they're trying to make.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:44:34 AM by Vidgmchtr »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »
Well, you're pretty much wrong on all accounts.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 12:47:14 AM »
I'd like to hear your $0.02 on the matter, then.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 12:50:46 AM »
First and foremost, you lack the objectivity to realize there's such a thing as subjectivity.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 07:15:12 AM »
Look, Vid, if a joke doesn't make you laugh, don't go up to the people telling it and give them a four-page essay on the unfunniness of their joke and its inability to make you laugh. If humor in every form so digusts you, just avoid it.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 08:00:16 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread...

Serious LOL
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread...

Johnny made a joke that Vid thought was unfunny and now everyone has made a big deal about it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »
Hey! Guess what I found the secret page! Its has CENSORED* on it.

*The reason I put CENSORED there is because it is a secret. But I really did find the secret.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »
Would you care to tell us where it is?
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
Do and you're banned.
That was a joke.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
Hey! Guess what I found the secret page! Its has CENSORED* on it.

*The reason I put CENSORED there is because it is a secret. But I really did find the secret.

I found it too! I don't even know how but I found it.

Print