Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30143 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 06:36:24 PM »
I doubt SNESDS can properly emulate SMRPG yet, so you don't have to regret it on that front. Yet.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »
What is SNESDS? I've never heard of it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2006, 06:58:15 PM »
I'll place my bet on "DS ROM that can emulate SNES games," as PocketNES is a GBA ROM that emulates NES games. That way, you can play the emulator on the GBA/DS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »
SNES DS is an emulator you can use to "play" SNES roms on your DS. Before you start trying to find it, you need to realize that you need special hardware to run the program. Setups that would get you running this range from $50 to over $100 US dollars. And considering that SNES DS doesnt even work well with Super Mario World, i doubt it will ever be able to run games like SMRPG which make use of the SFX chip.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
SNES DS is an emulator you can use to "play" SNES roms on your DS. Before you start trying to find it, you need to realize that you need special hardware to run the program. Setups that would get you running this range from $50 to over $100 US dollars. And considering that SNES DS doesnt even work well with Super Mario World, i doubt it will ever be able to run games like SMRPG which make use of the SFX chip.

Super Mario RPG Did not use the Super FX chip.

However, It employed the SA-1 chip on the cartridge. This chip is essentially a 65816 clocked at 10 MHz, running on an ASIC.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
  It really wouldnt matter to me. only problem, they are starting to slow down on GBA games. That would be a good idea.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2006, 07:18:05 PM »
Super Mario RPG Did not use the Super FX chip.

However, It employed the SA-1 chip on the cartridge. This chip is essentially a 65816 clocked at 10 MHz, running on an ASIC.
Really.  I always thought that the extra contacts on the cart and the fact that it wouldn't work in my TriStar64 was because the Super FX chip was needed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:24:38 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2006, 08:00:12 AM »
i think there should eb a mario collection like the zelda one it could include mario all stars, SMRPG, super mario 64 and paper mario
Hanging out inside a lion is probably detrimental to one's health in the long run.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »
The LoZ collectors' edition is kind of like All Stars, except it didn't have LttP. :(

Edit:  I didn't word that right.  what I ment is that All Stars had the first three SMBs, but the LoZ collectors' edition left out the thrid Zelda game, which is LttP
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 09:43:26 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2006, 09:44:54 PM »
They figured people already had it on GBA, and didn't want to be redundant with GCN playability. (The OoT/MQ disc disrupts my non-reduncancy theory.)
That was a joke.

Br26

• Ping timeout
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
I hope it comes out for the Wii soon.
Im sorry mario, but our princess is in another castle! He He, just joking!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
They figured people already had it on GBA, and didn't want to be redundant with GCN playability. (The OoT/MQ disc disrupts my non-reduncancy theory.)

Of course, by "figured people already had it," he means "didn't want to lose any money on the ones who didn't."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2007, 03:56:13 AM »
Like me. I ended up buying LttP/FS after playing Wind Waker and the Collector's Edition, since I really enjoyed all those games (except I still haven't gotten the hang of Zelda II yet). Yes, Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I played.
* Sapphira hangs head in shame.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »
Does anyone have the hang of Zelda II?
That was a joke.

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »
Yes, I beat it and in fact pwned it. It's all in the wrist.

Print