Print

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  (Read 6276 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 12:00:22 PM »
Yeah, I still intend to e-mail you back properly. If I weren't so messed up, then you probably would have gotten a reply about five or so years ago. But I don't operate correctly when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Whenever there is something that I want to do but that looks to me as thought it's going to take a long time to complete, I will continually put it off, thinking that I'll somehow magically have time for it later. Then I'll visit this message board and see an interesting topic, which I'll open thinking, "It'll only take me two minutes to read whatever's in here. No harm done." But then it turns out that there is a book's worth of stuff that I could say, and I end up using a bunch of time to post.

After that I'll feel slightly guilty but still think, "Well, there's still no harm in just checking to see what other topics have received posts since I last went through the list." This will then lead me back to posting again, after which time I'll just repeat and repeat the process until I've used up a seriously large amount of time. All along I could have used the time to do this other thing that I wanted to do, but instead I "accidently" used it to construct posts.

This doesn't happen as much anymore as it used to, but I imagine that it will be a problem for me as long as I'm here.

Conclusion: You will get a reply before I go to Japan. In fact, if you don't get one in the next few days, please send yourself in your next message and pull my hair out. Thank you. ;)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 02:40:51 PM »
That DVD case looks like it has the '80s cartoon logo but the present day characters on it.  Or maybe they just look really similar from a distance...

Jeez, I wish they would add the next installment to what happpened to LH after the last issue with him.  Lessee, one issue a month, and there's only been three more so far without him since the last one... ARGH!  Why do I have to care so much?  Or maybe they just don't care enough!  At least with the ANIMATED MOVIE MIRAGE STUDIOS IS WORKING ON, they tell us when it will probably come out, 2007.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 12:50:28 PM »
Nevermind about the DVD cover, I saw it at Blockbuster yesterday and it had the orignal characters in poses that just look similar to the new series.  I would have rented it if I hadn't been so self-conscious about it.  Which is kind of dumb, since not only does it not matter, but my sister is spending the recent days working at a shopping center, my other brother went somewhere with his friends for the weekend, and my other brother is helping his friend from Scotland move into an apartment.  That just leaves my youngest older brother, who probably wouldn't care anyhow.  Or at least I don't care what he thinks about me.  If my sister saw me watching a kid's show, she would bother me about it whenever she is in her goofy mood, which is a lot more frequent lately, compared to her quiet not goofy mood.  Kimd of like me, except I hope I don't make fun of people when I'm goofy.  Usually I make fun of myself.

Darn, what is the point of all this?  Oh yeah, well, I would want to know what episodes are on that season before I rent it, which means asking Watoad, or looking it up, even though I would want both, for some strange reason.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2005, 03:43:10 PM »
I watched the end of an episode a few weeks ago when I woke up.  The TV was turned down but I don't think it would really make a difference.  It didn't entertain me.  I'd like to see some of the original series again, though, and the games certainly stood out in their genre.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 05:07:02 PM »
The new TV series is closer to the comic series.  Until I did some back checking, if I sat down and watched an episode at random, it would seem far-fetched and imcomplete, because of all the three part episodes or backstories from previous episodes.

The new series Shredder is like a mix of the old series Shredder and Krang, because he's really an Utrom.

Print