Print

Author Topic: Will Super Mario Advance 4 be SMB3  (Read 2067 times)

« on: December 27, 2002, 08:25:32 PM »
Super Mario Bros 3 is my favorite Mario Game of all time. I am hearing roumors all over the place that Mario Advance 4 will be a revamped version of Mario Bros 3. If Nintendo did what they did with Mario Bros 2 for the Advance then I can only Hope that Mario Bros 3 will look even better. Just imagine a Super Mario Bros 3 with better Graphics and a revamped Luigi that looks taller than mario like he should. woooooweeeee I cant wait.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 11:38:41 PM »
The general consensus around here is that people think that's what it will be.

If people don`t appreciate good taste, that`s their own problem.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 02:39:23 PM »
I agree. Super Mario Bros. 3 was my greatest game of all time. it would be great to see an imroved version
 -------------------------
I''m a Mario Expert!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 03:30:24 PM »
But Nintendo will probably go stupid again and ignore the requests of their fans, making it Yoshi's Story.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 06:56:11 PM »
Well, in this debate, I agree with both Chupperson Weird and CashCrazed. How sad.

I like what they did with SMA3, adding extra levels. That made the game better. Of course, to make YS good, they'd need about 30 additional levels. And some unlockable bonuses for high scores.

As for SMB3, I say that a bonus world WOULD make it better. And of course, GET A DIFFERENT FREAKING MINIGAME ALREADY! God, Mario Bros. is a good game, but I think it has been overused.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 10:52:06 PM »
Yeah, but what's cool is since I have all 3 SMAs, me and my brother can play multi-pak link with two different titles. But you're right, Mario Bros. single player gets boring after a while... I only got to Phase 10 before I got too bored with it in the SMA3 cart.
How well did Yoshi's Story sell? Because I think people wouldn't buy it for GBA, really... it's too short. I think they'll release it apart from the SMA series, if and when they do. It's a good game, but only when played infrequently and in short sessions...
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2003, 07:57:07 AM »
Nintendo has ignored the resquests of their fans in the past as well.

Look at how long it took for the sequel to Super Mario 64... Fans had been begging for a Super Mario 64 sequel throughout the N64's lifespan, but Nintendo ignored them (us) and waited a LOOOOOONG 6 (six) years to release it on the GameCube, titled Super Mario Sunshine... And during that time, Zelda: Ocarina of Time recieved a sequel on the N64--Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Next time Nintendo considers making sequels, they shouldn't wait to release them on a new console.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 1/3/2003 5:59:47 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2003, 09:18:42 AM »
Ha. I can only get to Phase 20 in Mario Bros. I really suck at it. It's kind of sad, on my SMA3 cart, on the "select a game" screen, to see 6 stars and a "No. 10" on the YI part and 1 freaking star on the Mario Bros. part.

It's embarassingly bad at how much Nintendo tends to neglect fans. I mean, nowadays, Mario isn't nearly as big as he was when SM64 was released. Basically, it boils sown to the fact that those gamers that grew up with Mario are "grown up" and seem to, for the most part, want more "mature" games, while those that are about the age we were when we played Mario games in the past don't really remember Mario, as this is the first "real" Mario game for quite a while. (Don't ask me how long. I only memorize these dates:

SMB1 - 1985
SMB2J - 1986 (My birth year)
SMW - 1991
SMW2 - 1995

That it. All the Mario dates I know. And for all I care, they might be wrong. So there.

Anyways, I really hope, for Nintendo's sake, that they make SMA4 SMB3. I mean, I THINK it is Nintendo's best selling game ever... (I think). I mean, I even own a copy, and I have about 5 games for NES.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2003, 12:54:43 AM »
Nintendo's best-selling game??
It's the freakin' BEST SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME! For any company!
Are you kidding? I have at least 5 stars on mine... on SMA1, that is. As for YI, I, sadly, only have 1 star. Yup. Only one world perfect. Took me FOREVER to beat Exercise in the Skies. Now I just have to get about 30 more points altogether on each world to get perfects...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/3/2003 10:57:42 PM
That was a joke.

Print