Print

Author Topic: Why did they make Goomba's Round?  (Read 2941 times)

« on: October 18, 2001, 07:02:06 AM »
Has anyone else noticed Goombas use to be a triangle in Super Mario Brothers. Then in Super Mario World they were round. Then in Mario Party they where triangle agian. Are they having elvoultion proplems? Or can no one make up thier minds about how they should look? Please reply with your ideals. Thanks.

Edited by - ZimStar on 10/18/2001 11:33:53 AM

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2001, 02:20:36 PM »
ideals? im supposing you made a horrible typo.
Goombas' heads are rounded triangular prisms.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2001, 07:37:27 AM »
Goombas have always been shaped like rounded triangles. Its just in Super Mario Bros. 1, the NES's graphics weren't powerful enough to make them rounded.

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2001, 08:21:42 AM »
But in Super Mario World arn't they orbs (Like a ball with feet)? And also in Super Mario 64 they where orbs. Then I think in Mario Party they where trianglelar round shaped again.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
Yeah, the "Super Mario World" Goombas were lousy.  It took me a while to even figure out they were Goombas.  They were like that in "Mario Paint," too, but they fixed them for the later games.  In "Super Mario 64" they were the old (concave mushroom) shape again, just you could see all their sides.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2001, 09:33:54 AM »
In TMK if you go to Image Archives ( The First one under where it says download)Animated Gifs, Super Mario World, Goomba. You can see it in not a rounded triangle. It is an orb. If you look at it in Super Mario Brothers three it is a rounded triangle. But in Super Mario 64 it is an orb. But in Mario Party it is a rounded triangle. Not to ofend it's creature. I was just look for some opinions upon why they keep switching back and forth.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 06:46:49 PM »
I always thought that the goombas in SMW were kinda like Super goombas since they couldnt be smashed just rolled over.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2001, 07:25:16 PM »
So they could double as balls for Mario Soccer. After the idea was dumped, they were reverted back.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 07:28:59 PM »
They probbably changed in SMW because Nintendo was trying to make them better.
but it did not work.

------------------------------
It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/originalmtre/
Sign da Guest book

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2001, 02:34:04 PM »
I agree with OriginalMTRE.
Also I think there are several races of Goombas. The round ones may be grabbed, the triangular ones cannot.

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2001, 02:05:49 AM »
I liked the way they looked in SMW. But I did not like the way you could bounce them around and not squish them into submission.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2001, 08:06:48 PM »
They're evil mushrooms for crying out loud. Bowser made them out of mushrooms. They have and all ways be evil mushrooms!

Geez...

------------------------------
The Game Master.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2001, 09:07:50 PM »
The SMW Goombas are native to Dinosaur Land, whereas the triangle ones are Mushroom Kingdom Goombas.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print