Print

Author Topic: I wish............  (Read 3181 times)

« on: September 29, 2000, 07:17:55 PM »
that gaming was real.That mario rose to his rightful throne to regain the glory and honor which was taken by other merciless pokemon fans.If you wish to insult me do it now or forever hold your peace amen.

Kat

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2000, 08:14:59 PM »
^-^ Mario Hasn't been "taken over" by all the pokeman. He's still Nintendo's mascot, has been Nintendo's mascot, and always will be until that fateful day when Link acutally forgets to play his ocarina of time to reverse the flow of time back three days, so the amrmagedon that impends on Hyrule from the falling moon in the sky actually HAPPENS thanks to Skull kid wearing that **** Mask of Majora... ¬.¬ .....^^; Oh dear, I've gone off topic again [ naturally ].....
ummmmmm....yea.... spoon. ^_^;

•^v´~`·._•(·~Kat~·)•_.·´~`v^•

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2000, 10:51:37 PM »
Mario has been taken over by stupid pokemon?!? WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! AARRGGHH!!!

choke
choke

Sorry about that, I am now 100% sane again.
I am now your usual Webpro- half insane, half... you don't want to know.

Edited by - Webpro on 9/30/2000 9:52:42 PM

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2000, 06:50:53 PM »
Crikey!  Nintendo doesn't even own Pokemon!

Fads like this come and go on a fairly regular basis in pop culture... let's get real.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2000, 05:54:56 AM »
Nintendo of Japan made up Pokemon. The show was made by 4KidsEntertainment.
Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2000, 11:15:13 AM »
4KidsEntertainment did not make the Pokémon anime.  I don't know who did (and I don't exactly care...), but it certainly wasn't an American company; they simply translated it.  Figures a Digimon fan would make such a mistake...

Oh, Nintendo does own Pokémon, though a second-party developer (I forget the name, and once again, I don't really care...) originally made the game.
Must...not...harbor...perverse...sexual...lust...for...the...SMRPG...fan...girl...

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2000, 09:56:26 AM »
I don't think that "Pokémon" is awful, but I don't think it's great, either.  I liked it when it was just a game, back in the days when a lot of the people you'd mention it to would say "What's 'Pokémon'?".  I thought of "Pokémon" like "Metroid," a good game, but nothing like "Mario," and never getting widespread public appeal.  But then the show came along.  It was better than all the other animé I'd ever seen before, but it wasn't very good, or even close to the "Mario" cartoons.  Then there was the customizable card game.  It was kind of neat, but really simple compared to the "Star Wars C.C.G."  The the whole "Pokémon" thing started really getting to have more than a cult following, and it seemed like the more popular it became with the masses, the less popular it became with me and my friends.  By the time the second movie rolled around, and a "Pokémon" comic strip was running in our paper, I was really getting sick of those little cartoon characters.  And all this over just one game (sure, there were different "colors," but it was still essentially one game).  After all this, I expected there to be some good "Pokémon" game coming out, but then when I got to play some of them, they were very low quality.  Now the hype has sort of died down, but there are still more games appearing (this latest one seems to be just a standard puzzle game, with "Pokémon" characters pasted on à la "Yoshi's Cookie.") and merchandise still shows up in stores.  "Pokémon" is a good game, but right now I don't feel like playing it again for a long time.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Print