Print

Author Topic: School starts August 12! Why God, why?  (Read 11715 times)

« on: July 28, 2005, 05:17:20 PM »
In North Texas, school starts August 12! I don't get until Labor day, but I'm sure you guys do! I hate it how I have to start school so early. The rooms are hot, I get tons homework, and the worst part is the back to school commercial's! They make it seem like we want to go back to school. Why does Summer have to end? Why?!

"Does this mean were not getting pizza?" ~ Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »
It's because the Earth is going around the sun, man. You need some more schoolin'! :P

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 05:54:51 PM »
Well, what happens if a just so happen to blow the sun up? Oh wait.....then we would all freeze. Me dumb.

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 7/28/2005 4:55:15 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:00:29 PM »
If/when the sun blows up you'd boil alive, but hopefully current estimates are correct on how long it will take so we have nothing to worry about.  I'd like to live that long though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:05:54 PM »
5 billion years, correct me if I'm wrong, is a long time away. I feal sorry for those who are gonna be alive at that point in time!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 06:06:45 PM »
Most people I know start before labor day... heck, at my old university, we didn't even get labor day off!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 06:12:15 PM »
I don't start until Aug 23rd.  The student come about a week later.  I hate it.  It would be better to have 1st sememter over before winter break.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 06:17:19 PM »
The only reason why I start so early is because the teachers all want worthless breaks along the way to winter vacation. For example, we might get a four day weekend for no reason. All that for a short summer? I hate it so much! All the teachers think about are themselves, and not their students.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 06:41:47 PM »
For me, it's either the 15st or the 18rd.

The classes that I care about, like Drama and German and English and Behavioral Psychology, I actually look forward to.  But then there's things that make school horrible:

-Teachers.  Okay, probably all teachers are nice, but if they know one's siblings and openly remember them, it isn't very fun.  Then if you have a man for an English teacher, it's pretty awkward to write about things you care about that a guy is going to read.  Well, neither of these really matter that much, but they do a little.
-Homework.  You have to do it.  I probably shouldn't complain.  I'll stop then.
-Students.  AAAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!  They judge you, they make you feel bad, etc.  If you end up sitting next to a talkative girl who insists on looking at all your stuff, you can have a pretty bad period of time in which you sit next to them.  Plus there's no reason to look forward to the inevitable stares of people that obviously don't realize that if they feel the need to tell you you're weird, then someone else probably already did ten minutes ago.

At least there's no all girl or all boy classes, now that PE is done for me.  And some of the students are my friends, so that makes it less horrible.  And sometimes homework assignments are easy or fun or very small, so that makes it less horrible.  And some teachers are soooooooooooo nice to people.  Plus I might actually learn something.  Like I remember the definition of mutual deterrence from history last year!

Depending on your preferences, this signature is either funny, thought-provoking, dramatic, or something else.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 07:07:15 PM »
Markio, I know what you mean. I sat next to a non-stop talking maniac last year in geography, and it made my time there very  painful. And she would look through my stuff, too. In wrestling we just kinda fool with each other, and thats the best part of school. But in every subject you will always find some jerk that tries to make ya hurt all over. Groan.....

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 07:46:39 PM »
I go back on the 22nd. I'm actually a little excited. I'm taking really good classes and pretty much guaranteed to get good teachers, because I am taking all Honors/AP + Theology
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 08:36:26 PM »
I like school. I'm going to classes that I enjoy, I have more free periods, and a lot of the teachers are quite nice. The only part I don't enjoy is the waking up at 6:30 just to catch the bus that comes ten minutes later. Classes end at around 1:50 though, so I am not mad.

I've never done a lot of actual homework at home because I have a lot of free time to do it at school.

Why don't you think it's fair that you have to go back so early? If you start that early, you must've ended in the beginning of May. We don't end until mid to late June here. I think that's very fair.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 7/28/2005 7:39:20 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 09:01:14 PM »
Not fair! Classes end at 4:05 for me! 1:50? Man, why can't school be easy? I guess going back won't be so bad, since I get to see my friends and all. But I'm gonna miss sleeping all day. Oh well....

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 11:58:08 PM »
Oh, it is very fair.

You try learning at 6:50 in the morning, and after you finish crying, I'll be right here.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 01:24:51 AM »
What are you complaining about PaperLuigi? I'd much rather go from 9 to 4 than from 7 to 2! Early morning is not your friend.

Besides that, I'm going to the local Vo-Tech for half my day this year. However, nobody else in my SCHOOL is taking the same class as I am(Electronics), and the rest of the class is made up of strangers from other towns around mine. I haven't had to deal with making new friends for many years.

Oh well, I'm not worried. My sheer awesomeness will become increasingly apparent to them as the year goes on.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print