Print

Author Topic: SM64DS vs. SM64  (Read 8409 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2005, 05:59:10 PM »
My friend was playing SM64DS at a musical practice last spring, and I just have to point this out: the Mario sound effects are the same ones from Super Mario Sunshine.  That somehow makes it seem less good.  I definitely prefer the Mario triple jump sound from SM64.  "Wah, woohoo, Yahoo!" sounds better than "Wah, mah, heehee!".

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

Edited by - Markio on 9/3/2005 4:59:41 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »
DS is easier in some areas: There's more floor in Tick Tock Clock, which was the hardest level in the 64 version. Now that there's Luigi, you can easily Backward Somersault to a lot of stars that are tough to get. Wario makes it easy to beat the bullies in Lethal Lava Land. BUT, the controls aren't as easy... The control pad limits the direction precision... And I've had no success with touch mode. If the icon on the touch map is too close to the edge of the map, you can't run fast in that direction. BUT, I love those mini-games! I could jump mario off trampolines into buildings for hours!

Oh, the sounds are much better. The voices of characters are much more varied, like 2 Triple jump sequences each and randomized punch punch kick sequences. Plus, I LOVE Wario's "Ha, yoh, BLEAH!" triple jump. I have so much more respect for Wario now that he was such a useful character. Another HUMONGOUS improvement: running. On 64, Mario hit his legs on the ground way too much. Now he runs like a normal person. I do miss Yoshi on the roof after 120 stars...

The graphics, in my opinion, were improved. I mean, look at Mario's face in each game. Look at how he's controlling his blinking problem. Sure, there's visible pixels in his clothes and in the textures. But it doesn't really bother me.

Conclusion: Make SM64DS the first game in your DS collection.

You''re not the boss of me, Carson Daly! Get off me! -Andy Milonakis

Edited by - BiRd PeRsOn on 9/3/2005 8:21:36 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 08:16:28 AM »
super mario 64 has better controls.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 08:26:34 AM »
Um, Did you see the date on the last post of this topic? (Because you just bumped an old topic, which is not allowed)
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 11:03:30 AM »
Nah, bumping is just like saying "bump" and nothing else.  If you say something about the topic, it's not against the rules.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 11:07:57 AM »
Okay ;D, but I am getting very annoyed with these topics, that just seem to come from out of no where.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 11:12:30 AM »
Hehe.  Me too.  I don't like that I have nothing more to say on the topic, yet I feel compelled to type something.

... like right now.  Anyway, thanks for letting me satisfy this compulsion.  Farewell, BMF1.0!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 09:48:23 PM »
...We didn't give much mercy to Yoshi55.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2005, 09:51:09 PM »
But Yoshi55 did that so constantly, he is the reason for my being so tired of these. Also, we have been going pretty off-topic lately, so if any more post are to be made here they should concern the main topic reason.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:52:46 PM by bigmariofan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Print