Print

Author Topic: Specific college?  (Read 2623 times)

« on: May 08, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »
It's the end of the year, and my teachers are still having me do a project. The object is to find out what college certain people wish to attend. Since this is on a forum board, you can.......you know, talk about it, if you want. I just need the numbers.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:42:19 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if it's exactly a college or whatnot, but I'm hoping to attend The Art Institute of California after I graduate high school. If my artistic career fails then I'll probably just attend SDSU or follow my sister's steps and end up in Riverside University.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 02:17:13 AM »
I've already graduated from the University of Washington, and this autumn I will start the masters program at the DigiPen Institute of Technology.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
Um, I'm still searching for colleges, myself.

I'm looking for a college that'll:
• Be within short driving distance (You know, preferably in the same county as where I live)
• Offer the Japanese major
• Not require me to take more math while I'm there

See I have yet to find one that has all three things that I'm looking for.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
I've added a "not sure" choice for the project, so I'll put a few people under that.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 12:25:19 AM »
Whoa, Hirocon and Watoad went/go to the same school! :O

Anyway, I'm presently in college (a community college), and I still have no idea where I want to transfer to. I used to want to go to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) or possibly even DigiPen (unlikely, though), but that was back when I wanted to do game design or something related to it.

Last fall I was pretty unsure what I wanted to do; I was wavering on among different majors/future career options and honestly had no clue what I really wanted to do. I was interested in both psychology and game design, but finding a school that had good programs in BOTH those fields is pretty difficult/impossible, especially one in state.
Now I've decided I really want to do something involving psychology, and I'm not all that interested in game design anymore, so finding a good college will be a lot easier. I still have no clue where I want to go, though, really. >_<
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »
I'm going to Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.

I am studying Actuarial Science and Statistics in the hopes of becoming an actuary. I am taking the FM (Financial Mathematics) exam in a couple weeks.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
I really, really want to do something in programming. Programming is fun. Frustrating, yes, but it balances out when something runs without hiccups.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:25:52 PM »
Woah! I know people who go to Savanah School of Art and Design. if you went there, it would be a very small world.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »
i prefer USC. although i hate the football team.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »
I myself wish to attend UNT or TCU, but I'm not sure.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »
There is this art college in South Carolina that my cousin goes to.  IF I can, which I probably can, I will go there.  But by the time I get there I think my cousin will be teaching some of the classes I will be taking.  Thats a kind of scary thought.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »
Well, I'll be heading off to University of California Irvine next year.. The major? Dunno. I'm going in undeclared right now.

But like most of you, I'm probably going to go into the art/technology field.  And if that doesn't work, I've always wanted to become a teacher.  So I just might go ahead and do that.  I mean shoot, I get to take summers off like the students! How cool is that?
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Print