Print

Author Topic: Cold War  (Read 3059 times)

« on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »
Are you guys ready for war? Welcome to Cold War, where the object of the game is to become the game world's number one superpower. What allies and enemies will you encounter? Who will betray who? And what character will come out on top in the end? Only you can decide.

The rules are difficult, but can be taught. First of all, at the start of the game, you choose your character. The game is limited to 10 people unless I let more in. Everyone takes turns deciding what to do to benifit their side. The order is decided by the order of which we join, then as the game progresses, the country in the best position to win will go first. Everyone starts with 30 Million people, but can gain or lose depending on what happens. When you reach 0 people, you lose.

When it's your turn, you have multiple choices:

1. Build weapons, army, defence systems, silos or airplanes.
2. Offer a treaty to another country/character. Countries under treaty cannot attack each other and usually gang up on one country that is giving them trouble. Of course, you don't have to accept the treaty. Only 2 groups of countries can be under treaty at one time. (That means 4 countries.)
3. Start a propaganda. Flip a coin. If heads, steal 2 million people from an enemy of your choice. If tails, it's vice versa, in favor of the other guy.
4. Send spies to steal weapons. Flip a coin. If heads, steal a weapon of your choice from an enemy of your choice. If tails, your spy is killed. You only get 3 spies per game.
5. Launch weapon. The enemy has one turn to activate a defence system. If they can't do it, then they will lose some people.

Here's the weapons and their descriptions.

1. Big Bombs 10 Mega tons kill 500,000 people and take one building turn to make one.
30 Mega Tons kill 2 Million people and take 2 building turns to make.
50 Mega Tons kill 3 Million and take 3 building turns.
90 Mega Tons kill 3.5 Million and take 5 Building turns.

2. Mini Missles
First level will kill 500,000. Take 1 building turn
2nd level will kill 1 Million. Take 2 Building turns
3rd level will kill 2 million. Take 3

3. Army. Each army you launch will take out 1 million people. There is no defence againts an army.

Defence System: 1. Air defence. If an enemy wants to deliver weapon by air, this will shoot it down.
2. Silo Defence. If enemy wants to deliver weapon by silo, this will defend againts that.

Also, launching a weapon without a silo or plane is impossible.

I will be Luigi. Here is my current status. When you run out of weapons, you must take building turns to make more.

LuigiLand
Population: 30 Million
Dictator: Luigi (duh)

Weapons and more:

Big bombs: 3, two 10 Mega Tons and One 30 Mega Ton.
Mini Missles: 2 first levels.
3 Armies
3 Spies.
2 Silos
1 Airplane

CURRENT TURN ORDER:

1. LUIGILAND
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10.?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:34:07 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »
Anyone? I spent a heckuva long time thinking up the rules last night, and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 11:36:44 PM »
Sorry, Charlie. You sure picked a morbid topic.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »
Perhaps you can make it a world that isn't our Earth.....

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »
I thought this might happen. Hmmmmmmmm.........well, I'm not sure what to do. Give me time to change the rules, and it'll be fixed.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »
Alright, then! I fixed it up the best I could. If it's still not good enough, just ask me to fix it again. I need some players............

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »
2. The People's National Union Republic of Glorbanthia

P.N.U.R.G.
Population: 25 Million
PresiKing: Glorb

Weapons and more:

Big bombs: 1 30 Megaton
Mini Missiles: 2 first levels
2 Armies
1 Silo
1 Airplane

I declare today the national P.N.U.R.G. holiday "Glorbday". The P.N.U.R.G. year is PNURGdate 20364.56-B.
every

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:02:17 PM »
Oh, awright! Someone wants to play! Anyone going to join Glorb?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »
Hmm...I wonder why this topic isn't as popular as it should be. C'mon, someone, join! This is a cool game!
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »
Maybe because North Korea has nukes that can reach the US..??
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »
Yeah, but this is make-believe. I didn't mean it that way.........

Print